Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Premium Family plans

Options
erinnmhall
erinnmhall Posts: 1 Member
Are there any family plans available for purchase? My family shares apps and other purchases across the family plan through our provider. Wondering if there is the same option here on MyFitnessPal.
Also, I just want to express my deep disappointment in your decision to make the barcode scan a paid feature. Especially after partnering with the White House. I work with families and I am always pushing them to try to make healthier more mindful nutritious decisions. But paid memberships are not a way to keep this kind of health accessible. I understand you need to make money but surely there is a different way. Maybe something to explore in the White House initiative.
Would love a family option on premium though.
Thank you!
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• iamthekings
    iamthekings Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree with erinnmhall.
    I too am disappointed with the bar code scan capability becoming a paid feature.
    This change, coupled with the apparent lack of family/multi-user payment options (an option for most paid-for services), has led me to investigate other options.

Please let us know what the plans are (short and long-term) for these two concerns.
  • iamthekings
    iamthekings Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I see what has happened... myFitnessPal was purchased by a private equity firm, Francisco Partners.
    Source: https://www.makeuseof.com/best-alternatives-myfitnesspal/
  • LunKstra
    LunKstra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's been no reply to this from myfitnesspal?
  • epwats
    epwats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is disappointing. Will not be paying $160 for myself and my husband and will not be renewing.