Accountability and suggestions for pre and post sleeve surgery

I can't figure out how to accept or join a friend. I'm having gastric sleeve surgery on October 10th and would like to get suggestions, help and accountability for this process.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    If you go to the main menu, aka “more” (on the iOS app) scroll down and you’ll see a page called “friends”

If someone has requested to friend you, you’ll see a flag to look at friends. Just hit the plus sign to add them as a friend.

You Can request to add friends here by entering the prospective friend’s user ID and following the click path.

Or if you’re reading the boards and see someone you think might be a good match for you or you find them particularly informative, you can click their user iD, then click their profile and then click the plus sign to add them.

Don’t bother to type a message even though it says you need to. This was disabled last year during a round of member spamming. You can’t send or receive a message with anyone who isn’t an actual friend now.

Be careful choosing friends. If you get an immediate “hey, what are you doing” type message, they’re probably trying to engage you for other purposes than weight loss.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    I sent you a friend request so you could see what it looks like.

No offense whatsoever if you reject it.