Need cell phone recommendations

glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

First things first. I'm cheap (like I don't want to spend more than $150, a nice round number) and an android girl.

Soooooooo I have Motorola G6. A couple years back it got into a fight with a Running Buddy pouch and the Running Buddy won. The back of the phone came unglued and it apparently also needed a new battery.

The back's coming off again and I have a feeling it'll be a battery issue again because why not?! 😁

I figure upgrading my phone would be a better option now.

I liked the G6 because it was really comfortable to hold. The dimensions are 6.05x2.84x.33 but I could go for a bigger display. And more ram/processing speed. After getting it fixed the first time, I'd have Pandora open but it would stutter or outright stop if I opened another app.

Other than that, I'll stream videos and text (how did I live without texting when I hate talking on the phone so much??).

Any recommendations

Please and thank you. :)

Replies

• piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,617 Member
    For less than $150, you're probably stuck with a Moto G Power. The processor is better in the 2021 version than the 2022.
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    If you're open to buying used, 150 might buy an old flagship model, in many cases old high-end phones are still better than new cheap ones.

For instance a Galaxy S10 from 2020 will stomp on a Moto G.

You can often find them refurbished and like new. I can understand why you wouldn't want to go down that route though.
  • glassyo
    Looking into both. I do love my Samsungs tho. Every last tablet I've ever brought shows that :)
  • glassyo
    How do we feel about Oneplus Nord n10?

I ventured into the "unlocked cells phones I know will be compatible with Mint Mobile" areas of the internet. :)
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,617 Member
    Camera lenses aren't very good and I don't think you can update Android on it. But it's got good battery life and has a Snapdragon processor.
  • glassyo
    Camera lenses aren't very good and I don't think you can update Android on it. But it's got good battery life and has a Snapdragon processor.

Thanks!

I ended up peeking down the moto g power 2021/2022 rabbit hole on youtube for reviews and the general consensus in the comments section was the 2021 was a downgrade from the 2020.

It had a better processor and better video resolution and, since those were pretty important to me, I finally bit the bullet and ordered an open box item on ebay (DEFINITELY made sure it could be returned :)).

Still more than I'd planned to pay...especially for a 2020 phone but whaddya gonna do?