Playing "chicken" with the scale! Dared it to move, and it did

Options
I entered maintenance mode back in the spring of this year. I have been managing to keep the 53 lbs off, weighing just below 120 lbs. Over the summer with vacations and increased exercise with biking outside and such, I've had times when I've gone nuts with calories and still maintained or even lost more. The last couple weeks, I've way over-indulged. I feel like I was daring the scale to actually go up! Sounds weird, but I guess I was really looking for the limit of how much I could eat and gain or not gain. I found the limit this morning. I went just above 120 lbs. It's coming back off immediately, but it's been an interesting navigation. I gotta for sure back off the alcohol again! It leads me to make poor choices. :-) Just a ramble.

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Well done reaching your goal and maintaining the loss. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. FWIW, I think it is totally a worthy experiment to see how much you can increase intake and still maintain. And yeah, alcohol can take me off my plan, too -- both having more than initially intended and bad choices after.
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I gotta for sure back off the alcohol again! It leads me to make poor choices. :-)
    Wise words. There is nothing good in alcohol. It is bad for just about everything, except disinfection. In other words, it is a poison. That is not new. When I was in med school, now more than 40 years ago, we learned that there was no safe level of alcohol, and that it caused numberless problems, including capillary bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract and cancer. It is simply bad news. The only reason I am aware of that this is not openly talked about is that "people" do not want to hear it, very much like the "healthy at any weight" nonsense.