Exercise calories aren't adding to calorie allowance

Pearelope
Pearelope Posts: 2 Member
Hi

My exercise calories are successfully logging on MfP but they are not adding to my calorie allowance/goal.

This is a premium setting I tried out (at a personal trainer's suggestion) while trialling premium a while ago but ultimately I didn't like it and found it demotivating. I then broke my arm and stopped exercising/logging and let my premium trial expire. I no longer have premium and want to start logging again but my settings appear stuck on not adding my exercise calories to my calorie allowance.

This is on the android app and on a web browser, and is the same regardless of whether my exercise calories come from my Fitbit or I log exercise directly into the app. The front page of MfP says I have a number of exercise calories but my calorie goal stays at 1200 regardless.

I can't access the toggle for this setting because it's a premium feature. I assumed it would automatically turn off when my premium membership lapsed, but it hasn't.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but it had no effect, and anyway the issue is the same even using a web browser to access the MfP website.

Can anyone help so that I can continue to use MfP without deleting and restarting my account?!?!

I've messaged MfP support about this several times but they keep coming back with useless auto generated emails about my Fitbit not syncing (it is) and about how exercise calories are calculated (completely irrelevant). Clearly they're using robots or idiots as tech support. I am a longtime user of MfP (well over 5 years on and off) and they're being incredibly condescending explaining to me how MfP works without addressing the fact that IT'S NOT WORKING.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

Answers

• Pearelope
    Pearelope Posts: 2 Member
    Ok, random update, I just checked again (I've been trying to sort for several days) and it looks like I am now a premium member again and can access the toggle. I haven't signed up for premium so I assume the support team did this although I haven't heard from them to say they've done this.

So problem is actually now fixed. But I'll leave this post here in case anyone has the same issue in future. The answer is clearly that you need to get on to premium again to rejig the settings.

Beware to anyone trialling premium that you might get stuck with premium settings after cancelling!!
This discussion has been closed.