First time logging for seven straight days

Options
CandiQueen
CandiQueen Posts: 57
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I have bad consistency issues. I have lost 3 pounds this week, although I am sure the first day I weighed myself there was definite bloating so I think it is actually closer to 1 pound, but I am happy all the same. My diet it pretty horrible though. I am either eating things that are okay for me such as whole grains, fruit, lean meat, eggs, not too much fast food and when I do its only tim hortons for sandwiches and subway, never any burger or pizza joints, but when I am not eating okayish I am eating as much sugar as my calories allow. I usually hit between 100-200g a day, mostly processed sugar. I can't stop...well I probably could but last time I tried I got wicked mood swings, fatigue, diarrhea...for 3 days before I gave up (I was going cold turkey no sugar) and I can't do that this time because I have 2 young children to keep up with, fulltime school and a partime job.. I don't have time to be tired. ANYWAY I know its just an excuse. For those of you who have cut sugar out gradually, is it easier than going cold turkey? Can I bypass the mood swings and fatigue this way although it will take longer to do? I just want to try to get down to a healthy amount and just in the fruits I eat, no processed. Also, if I decide to continue what I am doing now, is it going to prevent me from loosing anymore weight. (I only want to lose 7-10 more lbs but still.) I am fat skinny, tied and true.

Replies

• Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think you are asking about how to cut out sugar and looking for some encouragement. First, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. But, as I am sure you know, You gotta' take care of yourself to take care of anyone else. So, good for you getting on track.

I did not give up sugar cold turkey. Instead I gradually substituted other things. In place of ice cream, I usually have a smoothie (1 cup milk, 1 frozen banana and 1/2 cup frozen fruit). Some fresh fruits are naturally very sweet like mangos, apples, purple grapes and pineapple. At home, I put stevia in drinks I make for myself and when I long for the taste of real sweetness, I use raw sugar (to me it has a sweeter taste than white sugar so I can use less) or honey.

I don't know how you like to have your sugar but, if it's in beverages, the problem may be that, when you stop having sugary drinks, you don' drink anything at all. Try infusing water with fresh fruit to see if you can get a glass or two down daily. Infused water makes me feel fancy. :) So, I am more likely to drink it.
  • diane3kitty
    Options
    But you logged in today and that is important.. Hang in there, make some friends on here that can support and encourage you , there are wonderful resources here tap into them!!!!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Awesome logging. I don't think cutting out sugar is necessary. I still eat lots of ice cream, and donuts, and poptarts occasionally. Just have to learn to use moderation. If you notice you are craving sugary stuff more and more, have some, before you binge. Pre-log it into your day so you have the calories for it saved, and when you crave it during the day, you can tell yourself you are going to have x later.
This discussion has been closed.