Vegan Shepherd Pie

Options
GingerSnark
GingerSnark Posts: 153
Ok, not set up like the typical recipe b/c I just eyeball everything....

Preheat oven to 350.

About 3lbs of mashed potatoes for the topping are needed. I had 2 extra parsnips I didn't want going to waste so I threw those in w/ the potatoes to cook. When they were a couple minutes before done I threw in a massive clove of garlic I quartered.

Strained & mashed. I added soy milk & a non dairy 'butter' by Earth Balance.

While my potatoes were cooking I peeled & chopped 2 big carrots & 2 parsnips. I rough chopped a huge onion too. All went on a cookie sheet I used non stick spray on.

After 30 minutes at 350 I stirred them & added a bag of frozen broccoli/cauliflower. Plus a good handful of frozen yellow squash slices that i quartered. Back in the oven.

I added some vegetable stock to the pan to make it steam, enough to coat the bottom by 1/4". It cooked a good 20 minutes & then I dumped them in a glass casserole dish. While the veggies cooked I pan fried a an entire bag of Morningstar Farms crumbles for about 5 minutes. I added half a can of corn plus the 'meat' then stirred to combine w/ the veggies.

I made a slurry of corn starch w/ some vegetable stock & added 1.5 Tbsp of tomatoes paste. Poured this over the veggies & seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground rosemary & ground thyme. (Stir it up good).

Top w/ mash potatoes mix & back in the oven for 15 minutes; then serve any way you see fit.

I added some steak sauce which took away from this being 100% vegan for me but top anyway you like or not at all.

Replies

• Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Yum! I think my husband will LOVE this. Thx. :flowerforyou: