the wedding will be here before I know it!

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Breanna and I am 20 years old. I have been overweight for most of my life, I remember in junior high being teased without end because of my size! It has just gotten worse over the years with all the stress and ups and downs that life trows at you, but now that my dad is cancer free and I am on the path of gettting married in Sept of 2013, Its time!!!

I am in the program to have Gastric Bypass Surgery, went to the class yesterday and decided that now is the best time to join a site like this hoping to get some outside support from people either going through, been through, or just trying to lose weight. My main reasons for doing the surgery is some health related issues and so that I can have a family when the time comes and not be hindered by my weight when trying to enjoy their young years. I would love to be able to go the the bridal shop and try on more than just a handful of dress, i want to have my pick!!!!

Hope to talk to you all again soon!

Replies

• treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well first thing CONGRATULATIONS on the upcomming wedding. Now here's my 2 cents worth. I bet you can take the weight off you want to loose WITHOUT the surgery. There are so many people on here's who's stories will suprise you. Go to the success tab and just read. You will be amazed at how much you can do just by watching what you eat and getting in a walk, then once your ready a jog or something else. Don't get me wrong I have several people close to me who have had bypass surgery, there have been success and failures. But if you keep track of what you eat, and do some sort of exercise you will be amazed at your results. Give yourself a good 6 months of watching what you eat and getting in some exercise, along with the support here, before you set a surgery date. You started off on the right path, being on here. Make yourself accountable. Open up your exercise and food diary. People here will help keep you motivated. Do like I do, when you have a question ask, when you need to vent-VENT- when you don't think you can get up and get out to exercise send a "mfp friend" a message and they will help push you out the door. You may even have someone right around the corner from you on here so you can buddy up. The hardest part is opening up your journal's to show the world what you ate. Makes you think twice before you grab that snickers and pepsi for lunch cause your too busy for a good lunch.