For the guys (even though you sneaky ladies will read it too

Options
Alright dudes! You wanna burn that stubborn belly fat and become like the ancient greek Gods of old!?! You want to go outside and take off that shirt even when it's 30 degrees, just because you're just that HOT!?!?! You want to cause major traffic accidents when you walk by, because all the ladies can't take their eyes off you!?!?! (may not apply to married men, or at least that's what the wives think, aww yeah :wink: )

Then read Men's Health! It'll pump you past your pump point, it'll drive your metabolism from 0-400...uhm...400 MiIllion, just by reading it! It'll make you able to throw lightning bolts at small furry animals just for the sport of it! Yeah, Men's Health! Yeah! Wooo!!!

(for the record I just wore myself out writing that, plus I know I will pay for that comment about wives :laugh: )

Ok, now that's over, sometimes it seems like men's magazines like Men's Health, Maxim, etc are all about the pump up, with no substance. I never really got into them, but my mother bought me a subscription oto Men's Health for Christmas, and I actually have to say there is a lot of decent information in it. From articles on prostate health, recipes, to sex tips, workout regimens, etc. I suggest taking a look at it, at least to the online site. I have found a number of really good recipes and surprisingly affordable gear recommendations of late. Give it a try, if you get a chance. :happy:

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Alright dudes! You wanna burn that stubborn belly fat and become like the ancient greek Gods of old!?! You want to go outside and take off that shirt even when it's 30 degrees, just because you're just that HOT!?!?! You want to cause major traffic accidents when you walk by, because all the ladies can't take their eyes off you!?!?! (may not apply to married men, or at least that's what the wives think, aww yeah :wink: )

Then read Men's Health! It'll pump you past your pump point, it'll drive your metabolism from 0-400...uhm...400 MiIllion, just by reading it! It'll make you able to throw lightning bolts at small furry animals just for the sport of it! Yeah, Men's Health! Yeah! Wooo!!!

(for the record I just wore myself out writing that, plus I know I will pay for that comment about wives :laugh: )

Ok, now that's over, sometimes it seems like men's magazines like Men's Health, Maxim, etc are all about the pump up, with no substance. I never really got into them, but my mother bought me a subscription oto Men's Health for Christmas, and I actually have to say there is a lot of decent information in it. From articles on prostate health, recipes, to sex tips, workout regimens, etc. I suggest taking a look at it, at least to the online site. I have found a number of really good recipes and surprisingly affordable gear recommendations of late. Give it a try, if you get a chance. :happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I didn't read it :indifferent:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    but use your lightning bolts with care! my sweet little bunny rabbit is so defenseless, and would never deserve to be struck down by all of your manliness!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I love Men's Health and I secretly read it at the gym...tucked inside a trashy US Weekly magazine of course...

The workouts really kick butt.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I read mens health all the time. and I actually found a great Core book published by them as well, gives a great large set of exercises for the core with good pictures for description, it mixes resistance, isometrics (yoga type stuff), and weights. it's called "AmazingABS" and it's published by MensHealth.

I still find all the diet pill ads funny though. They preach and preach about natural health, then let diet pill companies on their pages. Oh how the mighty have fallen!
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I did used to get mens healt, but every month seemed to be the same, maybe i'll have a differant view no that i have a new life style, i think i go get one now...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm a sneaky lady . . . I read it. :laugh:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Just lurking and skimming the post... not reading it :tongue:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    If I admit to reading it, then it's not sneaky...right?????:bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know you sneaky guys are reading all of our "for the ladies" posts.

:tongue:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    as they say, "ewwwww..... aaaahhhh nooo!!!"
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I actually had a subscription to "Young Men's Health" or "Teen Men's Health".. whatever it was called when I was back in high school. It was awesome to read then. I also have some of the men's health workouts and they all seem to be really good. I'll check it out :)
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    I didn't read it :indifferent:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

I think that your (new) photo goes well with your "not" reading protestation.....almost a sassy smile and an in your face look!

:glasses:
  • banks1850
    Options
    Hey, I know you sneaky guys are reading all of our "for the ladies" posts.

:tongue:

Never! We are to honorable and proud to do such a thing! :devil:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yes, I read it! I cannot resist.....and with a show of hands, how many men here have (now be honest)....actually read the "aunt flow" posts.....or how many have run the other way???? LOL!

For you men, another good read that you might not normally bother with is Self magazine. It is geared towards women I think but lots of great info in there!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to know what men talk about when they think women arent listening (reading).....:indifferent:
    j~
  • banks1850
    Options
    i just wanted to know what men talk about when they think women arent listening (reading).....:indifferent:
    j~

Trust me, THIS isn't what we are talking about. LOL! Course, we are very simple creatures, what we talk about when you are around, is what we talk about when you aren't, we just tend to say it with a little more vulgarity when you aren't.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lmbo...okay where is all the juicy stuff you guys talk about...sigh...returning to the "non-men only" posts....bored now....thanks! lol:laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    :laugh:

I love the replies from all the lovely ladies here.

:laugh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Awwww, I was looking for something with a little more juice, haha!!