looking for a SL5x5 coach

Options
Hello all, I am looking for an experianced, knowledgable stronglifts 5x5 coach, basically a person that is on forums often and is willing to work with me as change my lifestyle. Willing to pay you for your time depending on availability/knowledge. Would be nice if I could find someone local, but I doubt I would be that lucky. Please message me with any questions.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The whole point of SL/SS is that it's very easy to get started on your own. Simple exercises that you can learn and repeat often enough to become proficient. There are a ton of form videos on YouTube to learn from as well.

I'd stop looking for an online coach and just get started if I were you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The whole point of SL/SS is that it's very easy to get started on your own. Simple exercises that you can learn and repeat often enough to become proficient. There are a ton of form videos on YouTube to learn from as well.

I'd stop looking for an online coach and just get started if I were you.

^Agreed
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    I understand that completely, technically I have already got started, ordered my rack, bar bench and weights. I have been doing whati can with my dusty bowflex till the order comes in. My reasoning behind looking for a coach is because I like to have someone I can communicate with, when I have questions. I am totally new to training and have had back problems in the past, so all I have for feedback about form is my wife. Figured maybe I would post and find someone who has done, 5x5 with success.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There is a Stronglifts group and the Eat Train Progress group on MFP if you would like to join those. I believe both groups have a sticky where you can post links to youtube videos where you can get critiqued on form :)
  • taso42
    Options
    post away. lots of people around here doing compound lifting programs. there's also a powerlifting group
  • DavPul
    Options
    fair enough, but why settle on a single coach when the whole forums can be your sounding board? besides for some solid advice and some good laughs, i find that nothing motivates me to set new personal lifting records like some smart mouth ahole in the forums talking out of his yang to me.
  • taso42
    Options
    fair enough, but why settle on a single coach when the whole forums can be your sounding board? besides for some solid advice and some good laughs, i find that nothing motivates me to set new personal lifting records like some smart mouth ahole in the forums talking out of his yang to me.

do you even lift, brah?
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Upload videos of your form on all the major lifts to YouTube and link it for everyone here to see.

Include front and side profiles for Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpress and OHP.

For someone just getting started on these lifts in general, I'd suggest working on form with a very light weight to get the basic motions down and the primary movers.
  • DavPul
    Options

do you even lift, brah?

i'm more of a dvd type of guy but i had to stop doing them after Brazillian Butt Lift and Yoga Booty Ballet made me bulky. I still watch them sometimes for the choreography tho
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

do you even lift, brah?

i'm more of a dvd type of guy but i had to stop doing them after Brazillian Butt Lift and Yoga Booty Ballet made me bulky. I still watch them sometimes for the choreography tho

There needs to be a "Like" post function on this forum.

I'm more of a Tae-Bo fan myself.

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Stop giving out such good advice. You're making the rest of us look bad.
  • Mikej77
    Options
    No luck yet, still looking
  • taso42
    Options
    Ok fine, you win. Send $50 to my paypal account and we'll get started.
  • Mikej77
    Options
    Gee thanks.