1 cup of broccoli
, 1/2 cup of carrots, 
1/2 banana,
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I remember that. Ok, but harsher than needed. Looks like you’ll lose a couple pounds quickly. But don’t be disappointed if you gain them back almost as quickly. Some of the loss will be water.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Yep--not a good idea. What are your stats? What daily calorie goal did MFP give you? Eat that. You are on the road to binging. This is how it starts, eating too little until you go crazy and eat everything in sight. Better to do something sustainable and lose weight slowly AND keep it off.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Honestly, that sounds grim to me. Maybe a person could do that for 3 days to start, but personally I wouldn't.

Losing any meaningful amount of weight is a long-term proposition: Weeks, months, maybe even years. Staying at a healthy weight is even longer-term, ideally permanent.

IMO, that puts a premium on figuring out sustainable habits that keep one reasonably full and energetic, alongside sensibly gradual weight loss.

As a 59 y/o 5'5" obese woman (hypothyroid besides), I lost down to a healthy weight usually eating in the range of 1400-1600 calories daily, plus all carefully-estimated exercise calories. That totaled 1600-2000 calories eaten, most days. As a bonus, the eating habits I learned then have kept me at a healthy weight for nearly 7 years since, after about 3 previous decades of overweight/obesity.

Successful weight loss is not a quick project with an end date, no matter what clickbait headlines on the internet may say.

Best wishes!