Hello!

Options
So you want to know what’s scary? Being 43 with three youngish children and going to the neurologist for migraines and being told that if I don’t get my weight and blood pressure under control I’m going to have a stroke.
I mean I knew, but no doctor ever looked me in the eye and told me.
So here I am, again. It’s not my first rodeo, but at 258 lbs (my highest was 275 last year) and being older, I’m really feeling it.
I’d love to have some support.
Thanks for listening,
Lauren

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren and welcome. You’ll get support here, but as you know, the hard work is up to you. I know because I heard just about the same words a few months ago. I’m losing, slowly, and trying to eat healthy. We can do this. We just have to stick with it!
  • jessjohnson76
    jessjohnson76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is scary! So glad you are reaching out for help. Although we are the ones to put in the work we can use all of the support we can get. I know this is hard but you can do this! I'm in my 40s and have been obese on/off most of my life. I have lost 40 pounds and gained back 15. Ugh! I now have 30 to lose to meet my goal. My main goal is to be healthy and be the best version of myself that I can be (both physically and mentally). I have learned that consistency is key so tomorrow I start again with focus and determination.