A couple NSVs

Options
-Finished out 93 miles for the month and met my goal of walking 3 miles a day in August a day early (this was a stretch goal - minimum was 2 miles a day). Many of these miles were done pushing a stroller and some while walking the dog too. I only had to make up 2.1 miles today to finish out the month. Not counting on tomorrow because we are spending a lot of time in the car. Today was so hot I was glad I didn't have to go further. Otherwise, I would have probably tried for a couple more miles.

-Going to jump on the bike right now to do a short ride so I can meet my 100 mile goal (minimum) of biking for the month. It is hard to do when baby boy is awake because he likes to come get in the pedal space.

-Over the last couple months, my husband has been telling me that I look good and he is proud of me. He said I left my diary open and he was impressed with what I had been doing (I've not been logging meals anymore but will be getting back to that). The victory comes in because he told me that he wants me to help him lose weight. He is such a couch potato that it was rubbing off on me. We both need to be healthy for our little boy. I am overjoyed that he's been influenced by me. The only thing is, he wants to start it after vacation. My thought is that I want to eat even more healthy during vacation because I will have the time to prepare good food. :)

Feeling good. I am sure that the exercise is part of the mood boost that I've had lately.

:)

Replies

• babol23
    babol23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your monthly goals. Try to find an activity you both enjoy and start out slow and build. I would not wait until vacation is over start eating healthy now.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! That you are happier is the biggest perk of all. Keep going...
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't understand him either... I see the luxury of vacation is that you have all the time in the world to make healthy food. Ah well, at least he is committed to starting. Now I need to start on the lifestyle thing with him (not just short term stuff).