Yay, finally getting things done!

Options
I'm totally into simplifying my life: living close to all shops, a not too big flat which is easy to clean, little stuff, etc. Only problem: I don't clean. And it drags me so down to live in a dusty flat that I don't feel like doing anything else. I finally found a solution for this: a vacuum robot! My flat is quite ideal for it: little stuff, no high barriers, easy layout. And robot now cleans my place 1-2 per week without me having to worry about it. Also bought swiffers so that dusting is super quick and easy. So now I have a clean flat and so much more energy to deal with all the other stuff that annoys me. For me this worked.

Replies

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I love to hear that! I’m so tempted by the robot vacuums myself, I’m glad to hear you love yours in a small space!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research on different brands and types of navigation. My robot doesn't have laser guided navigation, but that's fine because it would not have fitted underneath a few pieces of furniture. Also no unloading station because I don't want a big plastic thing in my flat. But yeah, such a huge improvement :)
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I'd strongly consider getting one, but I'm pretty sure el Doggo cannot peacefully coexist with such a contraption....
  • serpentegena
    serpentegena Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I'm totally into simplifying my life: living close to all shops, a not too big flat which is easy to clean, little stuff, etc. Only problem: I don't clean. And it drags me so down to live in a dusty flat that I don't feel like doing anything else. I finally found a solution for this: a vacuum robot! My flat is quite ideal for it: little stuff, no high barriers, easy layout. And robot now cleans my place 1-2 per week without me having to worry about it. Also bought swiffers so that dusting is super quick and easy. So now I have a clean flat and so much more energy to deal with all the other stuff that annoys me. For me this worked.

I would also suggest adding an air purifier, they do wonders to catch airborne dust particles before they settle. The little robot may be doing the heavy lifting on the ground, but if you add an air purifier it will reduce the amount of ground dust as well as improve your indoors air quality!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    I think I'll skip the air purifier. I'd need a few for my flat and I don't want even more electronics to stand about. It's totally useless anyway if I open the windows or balcony door. And in summer the windows are pretty much open most of the time. Also noticed that most of them somehow require wifi, which I don't have at home. Part of keeping things simple (or complicated) is to use my phone for internet as it's only possible to get rather expensive 2 year internet contracts here. If I get a better job elsewhere I'm stuck with it.