weight loss

needs motivation to lose 83 pounds by January

Replies

• ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Can I ask why January? That seems like a lot to lose in a short amount of time.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Can I ask why January? That seems like a lot to lose in a short amount of time.

Agreed. That's very, very aggressive.

Why the deadline?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Wow! That is a lot of weight in a short period of time. You would be a very unhappy camper at how strict you would have to be to accomplish this. Not to mention there are a lot of ups and downs some week you'll lose and some you won't. I think having a deadline like this is a recipe for disaster
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    According to your ticker, that's what you are aiming to lose total. I'm sorry, but apart from doing something unhealthy/dangerous or liposuction - that's not going to happen. You might be able to lose 25-35lbs by January.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    According to your ticker, that's what you are aiming to lose total. I'm sorry, but apart from doing something unhealthy/dangerous or liposuction - that's not going to happen. You might be able to lose 25-35lbs by January.

^^^ Yep!

Why the big rush? Slow down and do this the healthy way, you won't be sorry.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    needs motivation to lose 83 pounds by January

How about some motivation to make realistic goals? If you choose to make realistic goals, there are a bunch of people that would be willing to help/offer suggestions etc. However, if you keep that 83 pound goal with the deadline of January, you are not going to find much support in the forums.
  • Lena, Don't set a date just try to loose as much as you can. I think you put added pressure when you add deadlines. Stick with it and do your best to stay on track