Mounjaro

Options
Looking to connect with other people that are on Mounjaro.

Replies

• pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hello I took my second shot today. I’m loving not being hungry!
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    Hi! I’m on day 3. No appetite which allows me to make good choices!! My blood sugar was 79 today!! Trying to eat low carb.
  • erikaproctor5864
    Options
    Hello, I started the 2.5 on 11/16 SW 195.8. No side effects. However, I am still hungry at night. Any suggestions?
  • Gloria3124
    Gloria3124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just started Mounjaro on Saturday. SW:165, hypothyroid/Hashimotos, insulin resistant. GW:130.
    Any tips you can provide is greatly appreciated ❤️
  • kachiang
    kachiang Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, This is my 11th week on Mounjaro. I've lost 20 lbs so far. Mounjaro helps with appetite suppression but I feel often times it is still self control.
  • amywalls1971
    amywalls1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting ready to inject my 13th dose this weekend. I am at 20 pounds lost also with 40 to go. I agree that making good choices and carefully watching my macros is the key and for me Mounjaro helps me with making those decisions as well as stabilizing my metabolism post menopause.
  • lorishere
    lorishere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started on Mojarro on December 2 and I am down 9.5 LBS. I’m having a hard time getting my insurance to cover it. any help with that Is greatly appreciated.
  • jamu1528
    jamu1528 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started Mounjaro in August. Lost 15lb. Now I have been waiting a month to get it back in stock and have gained 5 pounds. Now I am back on MFP to get myself back on track while I wait for my 10mg.
  • mleugene301
    mleugene301 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started the 1st of November, down 22 lbs today and my BLS is averaging about 125.
  • erikaproctor5864
    erikaproctor5864 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started November 15 down 19 lbs! Last 3 weeks only 1 lb!
  • sherrifronko
    sherrifronko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I started MJ on 11-7-22 I just took my 10 injection of 2.5 I’m down 15.1 lbs. my Dr prescribed it this way at 2.5 for 6 months. I cannot imagine going up in dose because I am struggling to eat enough. Some might say that’s a good problem but a struggle is still a struggle.
    I joined MFP and my TDEE says even with the 500 cal deficit my calories are 1465 per day. Today I struggled to get to 1200 and feel miserably full.
    I came somewhat close to the protein goal tho.
    I just can wrap my head around eating more to lose weight.
    On the bright side I’ve combat the side effects like sulfur burps, vomiting and diarrhea. My holy grail is Prilosec!
    My SW for MJ was #240.7 and CW 226.6

I’m going to see how it goes by trying to get to my calorie deficit of 1465 but I’m not convinced it will work.
    I am drinking a gallon of water every day tho so that may be filling me up.

• Kaijakk
    Kaijakk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I started on November 12, so it's been 2 months. I've lost 20 pounds. Yay!
    I was on 2.5 mg for 2 months and today i'll be taking my 2nd 5 mg shot.

I'm little nauseous on Saturday and Sunday, which doesn't really bother me. But the fatigue! This weekend I'll try to sleep more at night to see if that helps. Any tips?
  • Kaijakk
    Options
    Hello, I started the 2.5 on 11/16 SW 195.8. No side effects. However, I am still hungry at night. Any suggestions?

Have you gone up in dose yet? Has it helped?
  • Kaijakk
    Options
    lorishere wrote: »
    I started on Mojarro on December 2 and I am down 9.5 LBS. I’m having a hard time getting my insurance to cover it. any help with that Is greatly appreciated.

Any updates on the insurance coverage?
  • pbj333
    pbj333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you have type 2 diabetes or can this be used solely for weight loss? I’ve not heard of it until now. I do take thyroid medicine as I have Hashimotos.
  • SheabytheSea
    SheabytheSea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Saturday was my 8th dose - 4 @ 2.5 and 4@5, this Saturday I move up to 7.5. I'm very nervous because I have terrible nausea and fatigue, especially at the step up in dose. I literally can't get out of bed the next day. But I have lost 25lbs in 8 weeks, all without really trying, so I really don't want to stop. I have 100+ to lose, and this is the only thing that has worked. My doctor gave me something for the nausea, but I haven't taken any because really I think that is a big part of how it works. I have almost no appetite and if I take the nausea meds, will I feel like eating again? I am also getting a sleep study next week, so maybe if my quality of sleep improves the fatigue won't be so bad.
  • MissYuck
    MissYuck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I just decided to join the community to keep an eye on what I’m eating and have more control over my weight loss. I started Mounjaro August 9 and I lost a couple pounds right away but it was probably because I was recovering from a rough incisional hernia repair and the pain was pretty bad at the time. I ended up gaining the few pounds I had lost and maintained that until October when I was on vacation in Florida and had a dose increase to 10 mg. That seemed to turn things around for me and I finally experienced the effects that I was seeing so many others in my support groups talk about. I had been on Ozempic for a year prior to starting Mounjaro and only maintained my weight loss from a different medication until I had shoulder surgery and started to gain some weight. I’m now on 12.5 mg for a few weeks and I’ve lost 19 pounds since I started losing weight in October. I’m having diarrhea but it’s maybe TMI to talk about, just odd because it’s a little bit at a time throughout the day and night. Not sure if that’s normal. I feel sick to my stomach since eating lunch now. I don’t normally feel sick unless it’s injection day or the day after.
  • amywalls1971
    amywalls1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    pbj333 wrote: »
    Do you have type 2 diabetes or can this be used solely for weight loss? I’ve not heard of it until now. I do take thyroid medicine as I have Hashimotos.

Technically... Yes. The rules for dispensing Mounjaro as of current date you are supposed to have a T2D diagnosis. There are people taking it that do not. It would be something to discuss with your doctor.
    You also may want to discuss the slight risk factor that has been talked about everywhere where there was a risk for thyroid cancer in lab mice (which were given very high doses). Your doctor may have concerns with your Hashimotos, not sure.