Almost 30, looking for friends and support!

Options
Good morning all!

I am 29 (will be 30 next July) and I am really in need of a body overhaul! =)

I have been overweight most of my life and I want to be an inspiration to my friends, family, and all those around me who are trying to lose a lot of pounds but feel they can't.

At the moment, I am 200 lbs and am unhappy with my body. I have never been comfortable in my skin and am looking to get that changed! I am looking for friends on the site so we can support each other and grow in our (hopefully) changing bodies!

Right now, I must head off to Zumba at my local gym but, I hope that everyone takes care of themselves and laughs at the silly things in life! Feel free to add me if you wish!

Take care!
Nicki

Replies

• ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm 32 and working on getting back into my fitness groove...trying to go low carb (per my doctors recommendation) and I'm down 5lbs since I stares back at it 2 weeks ago and I've 20 lbs to go. I need encouragement and support as well! We can do this!!
  • NickiG724
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!

I believe in celebrating little successes and then having a blast off celebration when the big goals are hit!

It's also nice to know that we are not alone in the battle!
  • Pfa74
    Pfa74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. Im 29 and turn 30 in November. I let myself go and burst up to 240 lbs. I ended up relocating to a new city (not knowing anyone) earlier this year and decided NOW was the time if any. Turning 30 along is depressing enough not to mentioned combined with being FAT.

I limited myself to 1200-1400 cals (usually the lower end) and got into Heavy Cardio. Now 5+ Months later Im down to 188 lbs. (52 lbs. Lost) and still going. Feel much better and dont know how 240 was ever acceptable. I just posted on here last week when I hit my 50 # mark. Link is below.

Best advise is to find what works for you. Everyone has a story and advise. Experiment and find one that keeps the scales moving and Stay MOTIVATED. Take before pics and as you progress and look back at them... Talk about the ULTIMATE Motivation. Stay Strong and GOOD LUCK!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1082464-initial-goal-complete-50lbs-lost-w-pics
  • onlyevita
    onlyevita Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 will be 35 in a few months. Just had my second child 5 months ago and no more excuses. I'm at my heaviest and it's time!! Feel free to add me as I need the support on this journey as well.
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    Shame that l'm way over 30, oh well lol
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29, 30 next aug. I've always been very self conscious regarding my weight. Always thought of myself as the fat child. Lacked confidence for as long as I remember. I started MFP Feb 2012 after getting a shock when I weighed myself. 196lbs and at 5"2 that's not good! Reached my goal weigh in feb of this year and am currently maintaining at 113/114lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • NickiG724
    Options
    I am right there with you. Im 29 and turn 30 in November. I let myself go and burst up to 240 lbs. I ended up relocating to a new city (not knowing anyone) earlier this year and decided NOW was the time if any. Turning 30 along is depressing enough not to mentioned combined with being FAT.

I limited myself to 1200-1400 cals (usually the lower end) and got into Heavy Cardio. Now 5+ Months later Im down to 188 lbs. (52 lbs. Lost) and still going. Feel much better and dont know how 240 was ever acceptable. I just posted on here last week when I hit my 50 # mark. Link is below.

Best advise is to find what works for you. Everyone has a story and advise. Experiment and find one that keeps the scales moving and Stay MOTIVATED. Take before pics and as you progress and look back at them... Talk about the ULTIMATE Motivation. Stay Strong and GOOD LUCK!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1082464-initial-goal-complete-50lbs-lost-w-pics

That's amazing! I couldn't even imagine trying to lose all this weight on my own, in a city I know no one in!
  • NickiG724
    Options
    I just turned 29, 30 next aug. I've always been very self conscious regarding my weight. Always thought of myself as the fat child. Lacked confidence for as long as I remember. I started MFP Feb 2012 after getting a shock when I weighed myself. 196lbs and at 5"2 that's not good! Reached my goal weigh in feb of this year and am currently maintaining at 113/114lbs. Feel free to add me :)

If that's not inspiration, I don't know what is! Only being 5'5" and 200...I feel what you felt at 196!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options

If that's not inspiration, I don't know what is! Only being 5'5" and 200...I feel what you felt at 196!

Honestly if I can do it, anyone can :)
  • lmanko
    lmanko Posts: 1
    Options
    Good job in loosing the 6 lbs!! You're on a great start!! If anything buy yourself some new exercise clothes as a reward!
    Keep it up! you'll get there!! :-)