How much weight do you want to lose?

Options

How much weight do you want to lose? 18 votes

10 or less
0%
10-25
33%
YvonneLaRosejroberts8888angelatdavidson2002ShaylanaWalkerkmuti1debbredefeld9189 6 votes
25-50
27%
luvmynookaquabean55BayBlue22vidadiazmartinez5309LCN_24 5 votes
50-75
11%
vegasleo79Wade_And_Fabi 2 votes
75-100
22%
StarryNight37Creamtea42MonrosinWoffK 4 votes
100-125
0%
125-150
0%
150+
5%
JaysFan82 1 vote

Replies

• ShaylanaWalker
    ShaylanaWalker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    10-25
    Hi. I’m new here. I quit smoking and gained 15 pounds. Argh. I am trying to find fairly easy weekday recipes that are low in salt and sugar. I work ten hours a day and my husband is diabetic and just had his right kidney removed due to cancer. I tried Hello Fresh but their meals are very high in sodium and too high in sugar for a diabetic.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    150+
    Currently down 124.2 with 33.8 to go!
  • BayBlue22
    BayBlue22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    25-50
    Doing a restart - yes starting on thanksgiving week. It’s time.
  • StarryNight37
    StarryNight37 Posts: 26 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    75-100
    Hi. I’m new here. I quit smoking and gained 15 pounds. Argh. I am trying to find fairly easy weekday recipes that are low in salt and sugar. I work ten hours a day and my husband is diabetic and just had his right kidney removed due to cancer. I tried Hello Fresh but their meals are very high in sodium and too high in sugar for a diabetic.

Congrats re: quitting smoking!
    I've just been given the type 2 diabetes diagnosis, so I'm trying to figure it all out. What I've been doing is looking at keto/low carb/paleo recipes. They are usually low sugar, the only thing you have to watch out for is with Paleo, they might use honey or maple syrup which obviously is a no no for your husband. If I do try a recipe that has those, I substitute Xylitol as it doesn't raise blood sugar. As you work long days, meal prep/batch cooking is your friend. I cook soups/stews on days off and they either last in the fridge most the week or I freeze. This way if I'm too busy to cook, we just have that.

The interesting thing is, I've cut out as much sugar as possible for the last month, and I've almost lost my sweet tooth! I had some Coke 0 earlier this week and I couldn't bear it, so awfully sweet!
  • Monrosin
    Monrosin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    75-100
    Hello everyone and happy Thanksgiving week! I having been using MFP on and off over the years. When I use it I do well, once I stop, I start gaining weight. I'm motivated now, it's the two and 3 months down the road I'm worried about. I would love to have a network of friends that I can connect with then.