Yardwork=Good Workout According to HRM

Options
Hi! So yesterday I worked my tail off doing yard work, power washing and staining our deck and steam cleaning carpets.

I was curious so after an hour and a half went by I put my HRM on for the next 3 1/2 hours. According to the monitor I burned 2286 calories. That seemed high to me so I only logged 1143 of them (half). What I am wondering though is could that have been pretty accurate? I really was moving around a lot and moving rooms of furniture ect. I'm not really worried about it because my body is telling me today that I had a VERY good workout yesterday. Just curious what anybody else does.

Have a good week!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM for my yard work once and I just use the average after that
  • κόσμος
    Options
    The most yardwork I really do is to cut the grass. It's on the MFP list and I've used that one. Mine wasn't that high but it was around 500 for one hour. I think it was probably at least that with how hot it was.
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 600 calories when I cut the grass (1 hour)....I know some people tell you there is no way...but I have tried several HRM with the same results (remember to subtract your resting hourly calorie burn from exercise total) Everyone is different...if you have a reliable HRM I say go for it...