In Recovery After Lap Band Surgery

PJRiner
PJRiner Posts: 58
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I just had Gastric Lap Band surgery and am in recovery. Anyone else out there to share my daily experiences with? :smile:

Replies

• bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    I had my surgery done in may, i added you :-)
  • Im, about to go to the doctor on wednesday to get examined and see wether or not i qualify for it.. im borderline i guess :/ i really hope i can get it done!! How was your experience? Are u in too much pain? did the actual surgery take a long time? sorry for all the questions.. lol Either way i wish u luck!!!
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    It's a very personal choice. I am so happy I did it! I too was borderline until they found out that I have severe obstructive sleep apnea. Message me if you decide to have the procedure. I have ZERO regrets and am determined to reach my goal weight :happy:
  • kpie11
    kpie11 Posts: 53
    Be careful with this and make sure you research your surgeon before you get it done. Mine got infected and had to be taken out. I was in the hospital for two weeks. It was the first time this had happened to my surgeon so make sure you check up on the doctors that you'll be going to.
  • bellanean
    Be careful with this and make sure you research your surgeon before you get it done. Mine got infected and had to be taken out. I was in the hospital for two weeks. It was the first time this had happened to my surgeon so make sure you check up on the doctors that you'll be going to.

Your insisions got infected? I never heard of the band getting infected before.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member

Infections on insissions is not always the surgeons fault. In most cases it is not. Infections sometimes just happen and is the result of surgery. There are many reasons for them and they are not always the fault of the surgeon themselves. Any type of surgery has the risk of infections.
  • bellanean

Infections on insissions is not always the surgeons fault. In most cases it is not. Infections sometimes just happen and is the result of surgery. There are many reasons for them and they are not always the fault of the surgeon themselves. Any type of surgery has the risk of infections.

i was super crazy about protecting my incisions as best as i could!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member

i was super crazy about protecting my incisions as best as i could!!!

Me too! Because I have heard horror stories about infections.
This discussion has been closed.