4 weeks in, 25lbs. down.

Options
BigMech
BigMech Posts: 420 Member
I'm 4 weeks back on the wagon, restarting my fitness journey. After gaining back 180lbs. and having a serious talk with my doctor, I made the decision to re-commit to being healthy. Sometimes you just need someone to lay out the facts and be honest with you.

I've been getting up every morning and working out at home. Spin bike, treadmill, weightlifting and elliptical machine. The cardio equipment I had from my previous weight loss, and I built up a nice home gym during Covid for the lifting.

I've gone from barely doing 20 minutes on the spin bike, to an hour ride yesterday. I've gone from benching 145 to 205. Still 50lbs short of my pre-covid bench-press, but making good progress. I'm working on stretching my hips, legs and ankles to get my pre-Covid squat form back. It's going to take a while but will be worth it.

I've gotten back to a healthy diet, 3 meals, and a snack in the afternoon. More whole foods, fruits, vegetables, lean protein. Learning portion control again is the key for me.

I'm down 25lbs, and a pant size so far. I know the loss will slow down from here, but I'm ok with that, slow and steady wins the race.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Keep going and never give up! Best of luck.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Continued good luck and good results--u can do this!!! ;)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    They always say the hardest part of the journey is taking the first step. Four weeks and you've done that and more. I have no doubt but that you will succeed. Congrats on your loss so far...you deserve it!
  • newHampshirite
    newHampshirite Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Way to go, BigMech!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!