Post-Partum Weight Loss

Options
Hi! I haven't been on MFP in awhile - probably a few months prior to my last pregnancy. I'm currently 4 weeks post-partum and I'm trying to get back active on MFP.

We are done having kids, so would really love to get to my goal weight once and for all 😊.

I'm not cleared to workout yet, so not doing much other than walks and light arm workouts sporadically since last week. I'm breastfeeding so I am mindful of not doing anything drastic that could cause an issue with supply. I'm not sure where I should be calorie wise to maintain BF supply, and also encourage safe weight loss. As of right now im jist tracking what I eat and not paying too close attention to a specific calorie goal.

Just looking for any other post-partum moms that are on this journey as well.

Replies

• jennyhart200
    jennyhart200 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hi- I just saw your post. I’m currently 3 months postpartum with my 2nd baby and am looking to lose weight too while breastfeeding. I’ve been googling and seems like the recommendation is to not go lower than 1500-1800 cals to not affect milk supply. I’m going to start at the top of the range and see what my weight does there and also that it doesn’t affect my supply