How bad is sugar?

Options

Replies

• Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Read Good Calories Bad Calories for starts and come to your own conclusion. My mother came down with adult onset diabetes followed by vascular dementia. she's now institutionalized and me and my dad see her as often as we can. so I don't use sugar. I'm a strict low carber and feel better for it. for me, it's poison. but do the reading (yes read the entire book, footnotes and all) and come to a conclusion yourself.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    With those dangerously high levels of sugar in the OPs system, its a pretty good bet she's dead.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your mother. You have brought up an important issue. The link between dementia and sugar,

Read Good Calories Bad Calories for starts and come to your own conclusion. My mother came down with adult onset diabetes followed by vascular dementia. she's now institutionalized and me and my dad see her as often as we can. so I don't use sugar. I'm a strict low carber and feel better for it. for me, it's poison. but do the reading (yes read the entire book, footnotes and all) and come to a conclusion yourself.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sugar is bad for me because it kicks my appetite into overdrive. Sugar = the white powder not the sugar in fruit. If I eat things that contain sugar added then I'm starving all day long. If I get it naturally in food I"m okay.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I've read the entire book and it is mostly fiction besides his aside on the lipid hypothesis.

And strong cognitive dissonance, carbs are saccharides which are sugars. So if it's poison you should prob go zero carb
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I would rather take my advice from the professionals.

Like whom

Sugar is the leading cause of obesity

Wrong
    My opinion,, for some people sugar is like an addiction, and speaking to them about, their sugar consumption is similar to addressing an alcoholic about his.her alcohol intake.

Oh, and what has 'sugar addiction' got to do with the OP?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Oh dear lord. You are posting things that you don't even understand that you -think- supports your argument. All that Mayo clinic post says is what diabetes is. It doesn't blame anything on refined sugar.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    AS I SAID I RELY ON THE PROS, NOT POSTERS ON THIS BOARD THAT LACKETHE QUALIFICATIONS TO ADDRESS SUCH A SERIOUS ISSUE SUCH AS HIGH FRUTCOSE CORN SYRUP AND REFINED WHITE SUGAR AS WELL AS THE IMPACT ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS HAVE ON THE HUMAN BODIES METABOLISM.

KEEP IN MIND FRESH FRUIT /SMOOTHIES WITH REAL FRUIT DOES NOT SPIKE YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS. I SAID DOES NOT
    DIABETES 11 WAS AN OLDER PERSONS DISEASE NOW IT IS OCCURING IN KIDS!!! Sugar is to blame. You want diabetes keep eating sugar, keep feeding it to your family.

zjia7m.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Serious question!

If I take fiber (metamucil or skinny fiber or sawdust or whatever the hell.) And then eat my refined sugary death snack (let's say a swiss roll or five) will I be safe then? Is it basically like fruit at that point?

Life or death and potentially diabetic future hang in the balance here!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is full of fail. OP should listen to Sarauk2sf and disregard the excess fail sauce sputtering out of peoples fingers with the copy/paste crap.

Sugar from fruits/veggies = Good
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    OH MY.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I request a mod to send this thread into the abyss, or oblivion, whatever...
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    in for the giggles......
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is full of fail. OP should listen to Sarauk2sf and disregard the excess fail sauce sputtering out of peoples fingers with the copy/paste crap.

And sugar from Ice cream = ??????

I don't know about everyone else but the Sugar in my Breyers Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream last night = Good!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Minnie sorry you got fat and refuse to take responsibility for your actions.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

And sugar from Ice cream = ??????

I don't know about everyone else but the Sugar in my Breyers Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream last night = Good!!

Dead Man Walkin'
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sugar? It's delicious! Have you ever tried it?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I lost 55 lbs drinking Maple Syrup (American made. Which is basically sugar syrup) and high fructose corn syrup directly. Its part of my complete diet.