Banana recipes PLEASE

Options
bhonas
bhonas Posts: 6 Member
I have 2 bunches of ripe banana I need to do something with. Any recipe ideas would be great!

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If you are gluten free, here is a recipe I found recently and tried yesterday. I didn't have coconut flour, so I used almond flour instead, and cut the coconut oil in half. They came out pretty good.

http://www.primallyinspired.com/no-sugar-no-grains-easy-and-amazing-banana-bread/
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Peel them and stick them in the freezer. Then in a short while you have a lovely frozen alternative to ice cream. Done and done.

(If you are talking over-ripe bananas, then that might not be so appealing. So, I'd search Epicurious for pancake, waffle, or banana bread recipes, myself.)
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I like banana oat breakfast cookies. My 8 year old can't get enough of them.

"Ingredients:

2 large old bananas
    1 cup of oats (quick or regular! if you use regular, we’d suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better)

Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. I buy a bunch of bananas, let them get old on my counter, and then stick ‘em all in the freezer.

Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
    -a handful of chocolate chips
    -crushed walnut pieces
    -cinnamon
    -raisins

Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies won’t hold together very well. The ones in these photos have a handful of chocolate chips, a teaspoon or two or cinnamon, and 1/4ish a cup of crushed walnuts.

We made 16 cookies with those measurements. We cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet. Don’t forget the greased part…. I did once and had to scrub my pan forever."
    http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice/
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I freeze them, and then blend them frozen until they are ice cream consistancy. . .
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    You can always freeze bananas to use for smoothies and recipes later.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I slice up my ripe bananas, freeze them, and use them as needed in my smoothies. Delicious and they don't go to waste!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    When you blend the frozen bananas, add a handful of frozen berries to improve the colour of your ice cream like dessert.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Blend bananas and ice
    Add rum
    Pour in glass
    Enjoy