DETERMINED DESERT TORTOiSES - JOIN US!

manniecat
manniecat Posts: 4,923 Member
edited November 2022 in Challenges
wav5yxdiatrq.jpeg
Determined Desert Tortoises is just that - a group of people determined to move toward their fitness, health, and weight loss goals! It's one of the teams that moved here to MFP from SparkPeople. We are just one of the teams within a larger group.

Follow the link to the registration site and read all about all the teams. But, please consider joining the Determined Desert Tortoises because we NEED AND WANT YOU!

Come check us out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10836966/registration-instructions#latest

Replies

• manniecat
    Come on over and get fit with us!

0ra9u4uz6xim.jpg
  • FurryWaffles
    FurryWaffles Posts: 9 Member
    I'd love to join! Im having trouble finding the BC chat
  • manniecat
    edited December 2022
    @FurryWaffles Are you a member of the BLC already and need a link to the Break Challenge chat? If so, here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877578/admin-break-challenge-november-23-december-28-sign-up-now/p6

If you're not already a member of the BLC, you'll need to follow the link in my first post and join the registration team and other instructions to join the BLC #51 round.
  • manniecat
    @FurryWaffles Woohoo! Looks like you're set up to join us! I hope the link to the Break Challenge helps. The first post on the first page of the admin break challenge should have all you need to get started. It's a bit relaxed during the break, so have fun! It looks like maybe you were a member back on SparPeople? Love to see new and old friends here on MFP.
  • FurryWaffles
    Thanks so much! I was on the struggle bus last night lol. I was a member way back when, trying to get back on the wagon.
  • manniecat
    @FurryWaffles That struggle bus has been coming by here every day for awhile. Now's a great time of the year to begin thinking about a plan to get back into fitness and health. I've been a member on this team for a long time. I'm now not too far from my goal weight (again.) I lost 67+ pounds quite awhile back and then slowly let it creep back up. Then, I worked hard to get it back down slowly. The DDT team has members at all points of the weight loss journey. I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

I know that ldcritt and misslorij3440 are active on the Break Challenge chat that I sent you a link for. Another member harvest_fairy shows up there from time to time. I'm one of the leaders and try to post there on a daily basis.

Good luck with kicking that struggle bus to the curb! Maybe we can jump back on the wagon, instead!
  • manniecat
    ru9ymqmfrg4a.jpg
  • FurryWaffles
    Aww, I didn't get the link! Would you mind trying again?
  • manniecat
    @FurryWaffles Here's the heading for the Break Challenge and it's link. I know that GRACIEC6 is working to add you to the team - so that's good. The doors to the next round for the BLC will open on December 28, with the actual regular BLC#51 first weigh-in a week later.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/47170459

ADMIN BREAK CHALLENGE - November 23 - December 28 SIGN UP NOW!
  • manniecat
    rxv2bthhfpnu.jpg
  • manniecat
    yleo3j3i25ik.jpg
  • manniecat
    edited December 2022
    This could be my house, lol:
    upy1eqs1baiq.gif
  • manniecat
    ntu98sq0xxz7.jpg
  • manniecat
    yl3ruddepel8.gif

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......Hope this finds you all warm and getting ready for a wonderful time of friends and family. I still have miles to go to be ready, but I'm such a procrastinator. Plus, I spent 2 long days helping my younger daughter with a huge reception that she puts on for her piano, violin, and voice students following their Christmas recital. Long days on my feet in addition to the long drive their and back. The upside: I did get in over 10,000 steps one day.
  • manniecat
    Hopefully your jingle is happening indoors - especially all who are enduring this awful arctic blast. Wind chills below zero aren't all that common here near Atlanta - but it does happen and is definitely happening now! So far power on - Woohoo! Hope it stays that way. If not, I'll be hauling in the firewood.

Be safe, be warm, be happy!

ad0w7amxfjdq.jpg