Women 200lb+, Let's Be Determined This December!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sandie
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW December 2022: 188.2
    GW this month: 188 (maintain)
    Goal for 2022: Stay the course

Thursday weigh-ins
    12/1 - 188.2
    12/8 - 188.2
    12/14 - 188.0
    12/22 -
    12/29

Dec Change: -0.2lbs
    Loss to date: -83.1lbs

❄️December Goals -
    - Log accurately
    - Post updates here Thursday
    - Gym or home workout 3x per week

I am logging in a day early because I think tomorrow might be a bit crazy. As far as goals go I did very well this week. My logging has been on point, I am checking in on the boards and I got my three workouts in.

Last weekend I was donating blood and had some fun NSVs: 1. all of my stats were perfect when checked in the pre-donation check-in, iron was at a good level and BP was on the low end of normal. I used to really struggle with these every time. 2. They commented at how good my veins were, I used to have so much trouble donating because my veins were so deep and it usually took several people a couple of tries to get to them. Now my veins are not hidden under a layer of fat and the process is much easier!

This week is going to be another busy one:
    I have a work luncheon for the team today and dinner out with my family tonight (we usually try to plan a meal out weekly to make sure MIL can get out of the house).
    Tomorrow is date night at a restaurant that does a full 4 course meal (hopefully reasonable sized portions). I always look forward to getting dressed up for date night.
    This weekend we are hosing the family holiday cookie baking extravaganza with my Mom, MIL, Sister and kiddos. We have plans to make several different cookies including boozy oatmeal raisin, walnut, candy cane, peanut butter and cathedral window bars. We also have plans to have healthier savory snacks out to cut down on cookie snacking throughout the day.
    Sunday is likely going to be an outing for wine tasting if the weather is decent.
    Hopefully I can keep it all together and stay at a reasonable maintenance level of calories with everything going on!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I have to admit I'm slipped all week so far. Between cookies in the house, my daughter asking for a date night, work stress and always slipping a bit this time of year I've been in a rough patch for the past 4 or 5 days. Not that I've been perfect in the past but it feels like I've been especially high in my calorie choices this week. Since I have leftovers from yesterday's date to eat today and we have to rush to my daughter's concert tonight I can't promise to be great today either.

That wouldn't be so bad except on Saturday is our ladies movie day.... potluck food and a double feature this time so twice as much time around all the foods and hanging with all my ladies. Sunday is my friend's annual cookie decorating day. The kids LOVE cookie day but that means as soon as we finish the cookies from last weekend we'll be bringing more home. In fact, we mostly eat cookies throughout the day on our annual cookie day. I'm almost afraid to check my blood sugar. Ugh!

I know this sounds a lot like me just giving up but mostly I'm just venting because I've found if I write it all out and share with all you wonderful ladies it helps me put it in perspective and helps reel me back in. There's an accountability in sharing. :wink:

As for the movies this month.... we're doing Love Actually and Love Hard. I do love having our monthly movie nights so much. I need that time with my closest friends to talk, catch up and just hang out. My mental health does so much better just knowing that we'll have that time together each month.... even if my diet suffers since the deal is no one is allowed to worry or count calories during that day unless it is for serious health reasons or an ongoing challenge. So far the food includes pasta salad using Christmas shaped pasta, roast beef ring (roast beef, provolone, peppers & onions in pizza dough with pizza sauce to dip in), possibly a corn & potato chowder, popcorn, Mexicali Dip with tortilla chips, veggies with ranch dip, potato chips, charcucertie board and cookie tray. That's just what I know so far and a couple ladies haven't told me what they are bringing yet. It's a LOT to say the least.

@sandielewis2001 I love your NSVs!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nov SW: 260
    Dec Week 1: 250
    Dec Week 2: 248
    Dec Week 3: 246

This month's goals:

❄️ Swim x4 a week ❌️ =3/4
    ❄️ Log all food✅️
    ❄️ Stay with calorie range✅️
    ❄️ Craft x4 a week❌️ = 2/4

Managed to tweak a muscle in my arm on Day 3 of swimming, so I figured I'd rest it for the week. Still trying to fit in 7 more swim sessions before the end of the year. Hopefully, I make it to the full 15 of my self-imposed quota, that way I can reward myself with gift/prize.

Logged all my food and stayed within my calorie goal. So pretty happy with that.

Also, pulled out my sewing machine that hasn't seen the light of day in quite a few years to discover that it was stuck in reverse! Thankfully, I found a youtube video about just that and was able to take it apart, WD-40 all the necessary parts, and get it working again! Now I just have to remember how to sew. I'm starting small with pillows.

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all!

It's been a crazy busy month and I've not really logged much over the past week. Things got a little hard for that. Once I get to Friday I'm off work thru January 2 so I'm just going to cruise near maintenance for the next 2 weeks. If I go up a little I'm not horribly worried about it as I was about 6 lbs below my end of year goal so if I add a few it's not the end of the world. This is a life long marathon. This is not a sprint.

Sorry if I'm somewhat silent over the next 2 weeks as I'm trying to touch on all of my accounts and get anything urgent finalized this week and I'll be doing almost all family time next week.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've finally moved home after a long wait. Fur babies are settling in well too. Have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year all!
  • sandramarshall200
    sandramarshall200 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I can’t always access the community stuff. Dont know why. Anyway, I’m still going. I’ve gained weight this month, for no good reason, and it is hard to keep on track when that happens. But I’m trying to just keep logging. I have been doing well with social stuff, I have been more active, done some swimming. I have a bad cold now, so taking it easy. I am hoping to not gain any more this month. I’m 2 pounds up currently. Best of luck to all of us through the holiday season.
  • RavenStCloud
    Options
    Hope everyone had a lovely holiday. Yesterday, I logged nothing and ate everything. And I definitely paid for it. When I went to bed, my stomach was NOT happy.

But all in all, I'm fine with it. My goal is still to try to hit the gym 3 or 4 times this week. And to stay away from all the treats still lingering in my house!
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays everyone!
    I'm in the 300+ pound weight category. I'm reading everyone's goals and commentary (thanks for sharing). I appreciate everyone's candor! I'm looking for MFP acquaintances so feel free to send me a friend request, if you'd like.

❄️ Cardio workout 3 x per week.

❄️ Log all foods and try to keep within the calorie limits.

❄️ Self-care goals & Mental Health goals.

❄️ Meet new inspiring people along their weight loss journeys.

❄️ Consistent and Persistent
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    Checking in. I can’t always access the community stuff. Dont know why. Anyway, I’m still going. I’ve gained weight this month, for no good reason, and it is hard to keep on track when that happens. But I’m trying to just keep logging. I have been doing well with social stuff, I have been more active, done some swimming. I have a bad cold now, so taking it easy. I am hoping to not gain any more this month. I’m 2 pounds up currently. Best of luck to all of us through the holiday season.

These forms are not the most user friendly! Sorry you've had a hard time utilizing them! I think this month is going to be extremely challenging for all of us so we're just on a day by day basis of doing the best that we can. You'll make it back on target!
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    ❄️We've made it to December!!!

❄️ 2022 may be almost complete, but we're going to keep up the momentum and stay energized through the 31st!

❄️What are you trying to achieve this month? What have you already achieved this year?

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through?

❄️Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for committing to yourself this year. Whether you've kept it going since January or just started up in the last few months. Well done either way!

💙 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💙 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💙All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

💙Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

❄️Let's be disciplined, determined, and have a dazzling December!!!❄️

This is such a beautiful welcoming! 🥰 I'm glad to be here!
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is actually what I needed today to start the month, I need to keep myself accountable and to keep making goals. I have been having trouble staying motivated because lately it seems like nothings been working.

Starting weight: 475lbs (December 2020 - biggest weight)
    Current weight: 315lbs - been at this weight since like December 2021, been way too long...
    Goal weight: I would like to try to work on getting to 299lbs soon, and to get to 250lbs eventually

What are you trying to achieve this month? What have you already achieved this year? I'm trying to achieve a healthier eating lifestyle in which I eat more whole foods, fiber, lots of fruit and vegetables and to start logging each bite on MFP even if its not perfect. I've achieved one of my goals which was to walk 5 5ks this year, yay!

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through? My husband and I are going to be heading over to visit his family and then my family for the holidays. I am not too concerned, I do very well on maintaining proper nutrition and exercise when im over there. My plan is to drink extra water, eat more vegetables and fruit when im hungry and to continue eating every 3 hours

I almost feel like just giving up, its been hard being at the same weight for a year. It almost seems like nothing is helping even when I make changes

I'm inspired by your written starting way in your current weight! Amazing! You have worked extremely hard! 🙌.
  • messycreator
    messycreator Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here.
    I came looking for information and motivation. Since I am over 200 lbs I was feeling stuck about where to start. I know all the right things to do intellectually, but then I lack motivation, lose momentum, or I simply let things get in the way because it is easier. I know I need to prioritize my weight loss and I am working on my mental health and limiting beliefs, all-or-nothing thinking, and negative self talk and self doubt as part of my journey.

❄️What are you trying to achieve this month? What have you already achieved this year?
    I am trying to just get consistent about logging my food. The good the bad the ugly. My goal is to just log everything. I can make some small adjustments from there.

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through?
    I have no strategies other than to give myself grace under stress, eat more veggies and work out a meal plan that I subsequently log and follow as best I can.

❄️Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for committing to yourself this year. Whether you've kept it going since January or just started up in the last few months. Well done either way!
    Well Since I am new, I will be applying this advice to my next year. So thanks from me in January of 2024. lol

51yo woman
    SW: 217.5
    CW: 217.5
    GW: 145
  • breakingxground
    breakingxground Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here but not new to the journey. I've lost and gained and lost and gained, and now at almost 40 I'm looking to lose and maintain a healthier lifestyle.

I'm looking to check in daily for accountability so if there's any good communities for that please let me know!

40yo she/her
    SW: today at 211lbs
    HW: 235lbs
    LW: 125lbs
    Goal: 145lbs

- I am trying to achieve setting healthy boundaries with my family. This year I've already achieved setting boundaries with work and it's made a huge difference in my life.

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will
    be putting in place to help you through?
    - At home I had a nice quiet Christmas, and then went to a friend's house that was filled with love and joy. I haven't decided what to do for new years but I'm leaning towards staying at home. I'm tired lol.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Almost the end of the month. I've decided not to log the remainder of the year and just enjoy my time off with my family. On January 1 I'm starting a diet based bible devotional and leading a grotto of 6 other women on an accountability group for 30 days. Hopefully leading will make me stay more focused and track.

I'll see you all in January!!!
  • RavenStCloud
    Options
    Welcome to @MIssnewme9211, @messycreator, and @breakingxground! We're glad to have you! This group can get a little quiet in December, especially towards the end of the month, but things should be picking up next week! I'll be posting a link to the new January group on Saturday, so definitely follow us over there.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is finngirl, and I've been very behind but going to catch up this weekend. I wish you all a wonderful 2023! One thing I wanted to pass along was from Amber Bolton who does online Bible studies. She posed one question- 'A year from now, or this weekend, what do you wish you had started (or continued) this weekend? So the first thing that comes to mind, is probably a big deal. Don't sit on it for too long. Just think about it.
  • melissaaridgeway
    melissaaridgeway Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just found this today, so I'll be keeping an eye out for the January link. I can't wait to see what January holds for me!
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi again, wanted to edit my post above. This is the question:
    A year from now (or this weekend), what do you wish you'd started or continued?
    Amber sets goals vs resolutions and I like that. She's on Facebook if you're interested.
    Thank you Raven St. Cloud for doing this!!!
    Oh and wanted to ask- my fitbit is shot so looking for a new one and reading reviews. Any suggestions?
  • RavenStCloud
    edited January 2023
    Options
    💜💜💜 Hello, ladies! 💜💜💜

Next month's group is posted in the Motivation and Support Forum:

⭐️Women 200lb+, Let's Have An Extraordinary January!!!⭐️

Hope to see you there!

Here's the link if you need it:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880753/women-200lb-lets-have-an-extraordinary-january#latest