Desserts pumpkin pie

Options
jkeej51
jkeej51 Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2022 in Recipes
I'd love to get good healthy dessert recipes if anyone has any favorites that'd be a huge help please send em my way.

Replies

• jkeej51
    jkeej51 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I'd love to get good healthy dessert recipes if anyone has any favorites that'd be a huge help please send em my way.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    I make a relative low fat air fryer cheesecake. Can be done in the oven of course, but the air fryer, if you have one, uses less energy being smaller and better insulated.

Crust: 100g of graham crackers (digestive biscuits in the UK) blitzed to a fine crumb in the food processor. in the microwave melt 35g butter. Mix together. Line the bottom of a springform pan with baking paper and press a thin layer of the crust mixture into the bottom. Easiest to do using a flat bottomed drinking glass. You want to economize on amount of crust because that is where a lot of calories are, so only coat the bottom and do not work the crust up the sides. If there is excess you can also bake mini single serve cheesecakes in low glass jars or ramekins. Put the crust lined pan(s) in the fridge while you make the filling.

Filling: Loosen one package (about 200g) of Philadelphia light cream cheese by gradually whisking in 400g to 500g of 0% fat yoghurt by hand with a whisk. I find whisking by hand gives a silkier texture as no air gets incorporated into the filling. Whisk in two eggs, and a can (397 ml) of condensed milk. Taste and correct flavour with more yoghurt if not tart enough and a tablespoon or two of Splenda if not sweet enough for your taste. I like to make the filling in a very large measuring cup with a spout.

Assembly: If using an oven pour the filling into your pan(s). If using an air fryer, place the springform pan in the air fryer first, then fill the pan. You can remove the basket of the air fryer to make room for a larger tin. You can fill to near the top because if you mixed together the filling by hand as it won't rise during baking.

Bake: At around 150C for 25 minutes. It is okay if it is still wobbly as it will continue to set as it cools. If using the air fryer it is easiest to let the cheesecake cool and firm up in the air fryer before attempting to take it out. Removing the finished cheesecake from the air fryer is the trickiest step of the whole recipe. I slide a spatula underneath the pan before lifting it out and sliding it onto a small cutting board. Cool to room temperature then chill in the fridge for a couple of hours to serve cold.

This recipe is an adaptation of this one.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1022925-air-fryer-cheesecake