Newbie question

Options
Michaelfloe
Michaelfloe Posts: 17 Member
First time poster and newbie macro-tracker here trying to get a good routine going with the app for my first serious bulk.

I tried reading a bit about efficient tracking in the app, but I have an issue I cant seem to crack. The app doesnt have a portion function. So when I "create a meal" I obviously put in all the ingredients, but since I do meal prep I do 7 portions, not 1. Do I really have to whip out the calculator every single time and divide every single ingredient from the recipe by 7 or am I missing an obvious function somewhere? Its kind of a pain in the *kitten*.

Also, is there a way to split meals up in 1/2/3 etc? Eating 3 smaller meals a day and putting them all under "snacks" doesnt really seem convenient. I cant look at the macros for the entire meal, but instead for 5 grams this 20 grams that and so on.

Thanks for the help!

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,117 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    You can customize your meals in the settings: max 6, with the names you want.

As for creating a meal, just log 1/7th of the meal, no need to do that for each separate ingredient: instead of 1, log 0.143 as the quantity.

I'm not sure what you mean with your macros per item comment. But have you tried turning your phone to landscape mode while viewing the diary? You see a lot of extra info that way.
  • Michaelfloe
    Options
    I was wondering if their was a function so I didnt have to use the calculator every time I use a dish with 15 ingredients, thats 15 times using the calculator while cooking, which is just very annoying when the app could have a super simple function named "portions" simply dividing the numbers.

Anyway thanks a lot for the tip about settings, very useful!
  • Lietchi
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I was wondering if their was a function so I didnt have to use the calculator every time I use a dish with 15 ingredients, thats 15 times using the calculator while cooking, which is just very annoying when the app could have a super simple function named "portions" simply dividing the numbers.

I think my comment was unclear. You can create a meal using the full quantities for each ingredient, then save the meal and you can then enter that meal wherever you want using the fraction (once for the whole meal, not for each ingredient).
    You can also copy meals from day to day.
  • Michaelfloe
    Options
    Thats what I was looking for, much easier. Thanks a lot! Do you know if you can make the whole meals show up in the diary? For example I have a meal called "oat meal protein bake", but when it is added to the diary it is split into ingredients again and shows up as oats, milk and so. Its usually fine but would be nice sometimes
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Meals don't work that way, they show up as ingredients. But you could try the recipe functionality for that? If you add a serving of a recipe to your diary, it shows as a single line under the name of the recipe.
  • Michaelfloe
    Options
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.