Paprika Meal Planning App

Options
Tried a search, didn't find much.

I recently downloaded the Paprika desktop app on a trial basis last week - I planned out this week's meals and went grocery shopping, and thus far really liked the app.

Just curious if anyone else uses it and their thoughts on it. I am working on going back to a low(er) carb meal plan, so needed a way to get better recipe ideas (and subsequent) grocery lists - so far pretty happy with it, but hoping for longer-time users feedback!

I am not worried about integration with MFP or anything since each item would be weighed and measured as put in, so every meal would be a little different and blanket recipes would vary too much for my calorie/macro tracking anyways.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    After reading some online reviews, I'm intrigued. Do you use the cell version, a desktop version, or both?
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    After reading some online reviews, I'm intrigued. Do you use the cell version, a desktop version, or both?

Thus far I've just used the desktop version - pretty happy at this point, I'm probably going to sign up when my trial runs out. I've learned some recipes may need a little clean up on the conversion, but it's nothing too crazy, overall they convert very well.

It's made it a lot easier to plan in some new/different meals, making the transition back to low(er) carb a LOT easier!
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »

Thus far I've just used the desktop version - pretty happy at this point, I'm probably going to sign up when my trial runs out. I've learned some recipes may need a little clean up on the conversion, but it's nothing too crazy, overall they convert very well.

It's made it a lot easier to plan in some new/different meals, making the transition back to low(er) carb a LOT easier!

I just downloaded it the other day... the app was free... not sure why you would need a trial, unless there's a premium version
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Do they have a way to sort by prep time? I should probably cook sometimes, but hate wasting time doing it. If there were some guaranteed quick recipes, I'd be more likely to try. Plus it would be WAY cheaper than throwing away all the groceries I don't cook in time...
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Do they have a way to sort by prep time? I should probably cook sometimes, but hate wasting time doing it. If there were some guaranteed quick recipes, I'd be more likely to try. Plus it would be WAY cheaper than throwing away all the groceries I don't cook in time...

I don't think so, but when you add recipes you can categorize them (create your own categories) so you could just dump them into the appropriate "bucket" (so if you did <10 min, 10-20 min, 20-30, >30) then you could just look in the appropriate category after that.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    I just downloaded it the other day... the app was free... not sure why you would need a trial, unless there's a premium version

Per their website: All features are available in the trial version, except: 1) you can only save up to 50 recipes and 2) cloud syncing is not available.

So if you're like me and using it one place, but also want the convenience of using it on your phone with the same info, then you'd have to pay for that feature, or if you want to save more recipes (which I most likely will). It's not crazy expensive, so most likely I'll end up purchasing it when one of those things is something I am running into lol.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

Per their website: All features are available in the trial version, except: 1) you can only save up to 50 recipes and 2) cloud syncing is not available.

So if you're like me and using it one place, but also want the convenience of using it on your phone with the same info, then you'd have to pay for that feature, or if you want to save more recipes (which I most likely will). It's not crazy expensive, so most likely I'll end up purchasing it when one of those things is something I am running into lol.

Thanks! I like it so far.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »

I don't think so, but when you add recipes you can categorize them (create your own categories) so you could just dump them into the appropriate "bucket" (so if you did <10 min, 10-20 min, 20-30, >30) then you could just look in the appropriate category after that.

If there were a website that could guarantee a meal in less than 10 minutes, I’d be a subscriber for life! Much longer than that and I’m ready to stab the countertops and order take out anyway.