Hi everyone!

Options
Hi, I’m a 48 year old female who is struggling with weight loss and decided to return to this site. I used this site several years ago and was on the road to progress with weight loss, unfortunately through the years I’ve regained weight. I’m hoping with the support from this site that I will reach my goal of 140lbs before I turn 50! I’m happy to be back and ready to start this journey :)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome back!

Long term weight management - loss then maintenance - is really a lifelong endeavor IMO, and it may take different tactics at different times. Personalization of those tactics is key, IMO. Are there things that you learned from your successful progress in the past, or from the reversal of that trend, that will help you this time around? Those insights can be quite powerful.

For sure, I believe MFP and calorie counting can work, for those it suits, at any age. I was 59-60 when losing, and have been maintaining a healthy weight since (now 67). I'm betting you can reach your goals, patient progress and improved habits for the win. Wishing you great results!
  • Draygunfli
    Draygunfli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello- I have the same goal weight... but I'm a year older and know it wouldn't be healthy for me to drop 50 pounds by March so 50th birthday can't be my goal ;) I'm excited for you to find victory in this journey!
  • Kaye4healthxx
    Kaye4healthxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Taranh, I was going to send you a friend requests, but only shows member when I click your name. Anyway we learn from our failures as long as we practice what we learned and jump right back on the weight loss wagon. Not tomorrow, next Monday, etc., but immediately climb back in that wagon and carry on the right path with your next meal. Good luck in your journey