Appendicitis

Options
Any one ever have it? I'm starting to worry about this stomach pain I have and wanna talk to someone that knows what it feels like. Woke up with it and it's getting way worse on the right side of my abdomen it also hurts more to stand bend over and I feel like my stomach is really bloated .Thanks for the help in advance guys

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, but if you're concerned about it, you can go to a medical aid unit to get checked out. They're always open on weekends and you'll get seen faster than if you go to the ER.

Good luck.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Two to four inches in from your right hip bone - deep pain?

Yes, go to the Emergency room. NOW. If it ruptures, you're looking at a huge infection problem. Not something to mess around with. Don't eat anything - they'll delay surgery if you have eaten.
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm an idiot and will prob put this off until I can reassure my self it's something I need a doc for, but we have a walk-in thats really good about seeing people fast last min
  • danger2oneself2
    Options
    Two to four inches in from your right hip bone - deep pain?

Yes, go to the Emergency room. NOW. If it ruptures, you're looking at a huge infection problem. Not something to mess around with. Don't eat anything - they'll delay surgery if you have eaten.

It's like up from my hip bone and over from my belly button
  • danger2oneself2
    Options
    and feels like the pain kinda goes in towards my middle of my stomach
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    and feels like the pain kinda goes in towards my middle of my stomach

GET MEDICAL ATTENTION RIGHT NOW.
  • danger2oneself2
    Options
    Alright prob gonna do that thanks bud
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have had that pain with a UTI. HOWEVER, do not wait. If you think it is appendicitis go immediately to Urgent Care or ER. A ruptured Appendix is life threatening.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yeah not a good idea to wait it out.... I tried that back in 1989 when I was on leave (US Army) in Houston Texas, I went out with friends to a movie and dinner and was having stomach pain/cramps late in the evening and blamed it on supper and popcorn and thought I would just sleep it off. I woke up at 4 in the morning in the fetal position unable to stand up and in extreme pain... The ambulance rushed me to the Houston medical center and they prepped me for emergency surgery. My appendix HAD Ruptured, they had to open me up (had a 16 inch long incision) and had to clean out all that had leaked out when it ruptured... I was in the hospital for over a week and on antibiotics for well over a month..... I would air on the side of caution but that is just me..... Best of Luck
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My appendix ruptured when I was eight years old. I had a stomach ache for a week before hand that was spread all across my abdomen and was relieved by bending at the waist. It finally ruptured when I brought my knee up to tie my shoe one day. I'm still alive thanks to very quick medical intervention. If you even think you might have appendicitis, go to urgent care/emergency now. It was the worst pain I have ever felt and it is life-threatening! In this case, much better to be safe than very, very sorry.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Press in and release. If you have serious pain when you release, go to the doctor.