Do you find you weigh a bit more during your periods?

Options
Obviously for the ladies :p

I'm a bit wary of weighing myself during my periods. I feel heavier and last time I did I found I was almost 4lbs heavier!! I don't want to be put off and feel sad so I avoid the scales during my periods.

Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• ladymm40
    ladymm40 Posts: 31
    Options
    I always gain a pound or 2 of water weight during my period. It usually goes away the next week. I try not to let it bother me.....
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    Yeah. A couple of days ago in the morning I weighed myself. I was 0.6lbs heavier. I thought it was strange. Later on that night I began my period so I thought that explained it. Normally I gain 4lbs during my period. I just wanted to double check.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Oh God yes like 4 pounds! Coupled with my high-running emotions from PMS, it makes for a pretty bad week. Lol.
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    absolutely I weigh more during my period. I don't get on the scale that whole week!
  • Zuzanna100
    Zuzanna100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah, most of the time. I sometimes don't weigh during that time if I think it may effect me.
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes I gain about 4-5 pounds the week before it starts, then it goes away once its over. I hate it, its awful!
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 lbs, during my period :-)
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LOL here here!
  • vermillionlove
    vermillionlove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It was that way for me. But the last period I had, I was reading like 5 pounds less than I had been the previous day. o_O I think my period flushed out some water weight. I hope it happens again next time lol :P
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    2 weeks around my period = weight gain. Ovaries. :grumble:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do weigh myself daily and record that weight daily. This information is helpful so that way I can see if I am truly outside of my normal fluctuations.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I weigh two pounds more the week before, then lose it all during and more after, pretty much.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I weight up to 10lbs more a week before and during my periods. Once it went up 12lbs :grumble:
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    I stay away for the scale for this reason, too many things ( a tough work out, dehydration, retaining water, a big meal etc etc) can change your weight. Instead I go by how my body looks and feels and how my clothes fit and to track progress I measure. I find this works much better than the scale. I bloat badly during my periods my pants and bras and definetly tighter the days leading up to and during my period
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I always lose during TOM, in fact I started yesterday & woke up today down 2 lbs.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    YES I always weigh about 2 lbs more... Although when I do my weigh in the next week I'm happy to see I've lost more then usual lol
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    Yep! It sucks but I just avoid the scale until a few days after I finish!
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Always
  • KathyPerry70
    KathyPerry70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly. This month, I had gained 1 lb just before it started. A week later I was down 3 lbs. Also get moody, tender, lethargic and big time into the salty snacks! Sometimes wonder how the scale manages to goes back down considering the amount of junk I consume!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm always down an average of five pounds during/just after my period, then back up two (water weight) during ovulation, then five more down at my next period. It's like clockwork. I do my weight logging during my TOM (well, once during and once after) and use that as my baseline for the next 28 days -- it seems to be my most "true"/free of water weight reading.