Does Cellulite ever go away?

Options
Been working out and starting to lose weight. Just wondering if the cellulite will ever go away, or am I stuck with it for life? Who wants to be skinny with cellulite!?!

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have noticed since starting to weight lift it has diminished.
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I've had it all my life and am very interested in what people say. I know exercise is supposed to make is less prominent, which is true in my case, but it's definitely still there.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I've read that it goes away as your body fat decreases. No proof from me because I still have it.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    oily fish, chicken, grapefruit, tomatoes, apples, spinach, carrots and avocados help cellulite. there's a natural collagen in the apples that pushes the skin out and fills in the lumps. that and proper diet and exercise. worked for me during my first round with weight loss years ago.

ETA squats and lunges are your best friends to fight it
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Most has gone for me, but there are still a couple of trouble spots I'm not sure will ever completely disappear. Just keep working hoping eventually they too disappear. :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    "Skinny" people can have cellulite. It's not a flaw, just part of being who you are. I had to get to about 21% body fat before mine mostly disappeared. I still have a bit on my "hindquarters". I think it compliments my stretch marks quite nicely.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The appearance of mine has certainly lessened as my diet and exercise has improved :-)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Been working out and starting to lose weight. Just wondering if the cellulite will ever go away, or am I stuck with it for life? Who wants to be skinny with cellulite!?!

There is another thread still open about this subject. Check the link below for more answers. The short answer is: probably not!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1077057-cellulite-scientific-explanation-pls-will-it-go-away
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It sure does!

From what I understand about it, cellulite is not much more than unevenly distributed fat cells. Lose enough body fat=lose cellulite.

I had mad cellulite on my thighs and butt, and it's totally gone now. Of course it's very genetic, and some people are more likely to cling to it than others.