Back on Keto/IF

Back on Keto, eating twice a day. Lost 70 lbs. on this last year. Had a 15 lb. gain. I have about 5 lbs. or so to get down to where I was. My Dr. insisted to go back on healthy carbs. I did and gained like crazy on those fruits, potatoes, corn and grains. So when I saw her, I told her your diet does not work. I eat heart healthy fats like olive oil, avocado oil, low carb nuts such as pecans and lots of veg and salads. I do use some butter and mayonnaise. I was getting terrible muscle aches and pains on low dose statins so stopped them.
Last year lost 70 lbs. Trying to lose to my lowest which was 198 lbs. Hopefully will lose the rest by the end of next year. I want to weigh 140 lbs or slightly less. My 64th Birthday is January 22nd.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    That 15 Lb gain was mostly water. When you drastically cut carbs you lose a ton of water weight initially...when you go back to eating carbs you put that water weight back on as every gram of carbohydrate carries 3-4 grams of water with it. If you actually put on fat, you were consuming calories in excess of what you require