FIT & ANNOYED

Options
Caritocolombiana12
Caritocolombiana12 Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
HI HELLO THERE,
i WAS DOWN 65LBS AND STARTED TRAINING FOR A TRIATHLON- I ENDED UP GAINING 15-20LBS (BUT LOST MEASEUREMENTS SO IT WAS MUSCLE, FROM PRACTICING SWIMMING AND BIKING TWO NEW SPORTS TO ME) I'VE DOWN THR TRIATHLON AND AM NOW TRYING TO BREATHE BUT I AM GAINING WEIGHT. i STRENTH TRAIN IN A CROSSFIT SETTING, I RUN/WALK/JOG 3-4 TIMES A WEEK ANYWHERE BWTWEEN 1-6 MILES, I EAT WELL USUALLY RIGHT ABOUT OR LESS THEN MY CALORIC INTAKE. WHY AM I INCREASING IN WEIGHT., ITS STRESSING ME OUT. I GOT DOWN TO 184 IN MAY, WAS AT 195-200 IN JULY-AUG, NOW IM AT 205.6. FIT & PHAT. LOL IT'S JUST ANNOYING.

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    exercise doesn't mean you're not eating more calories than you burn. i was fit and fat for years. i worked out heavy in the gym 6 days a week, did stairs, walking and running. but i weighed in at 170 pounds - very muscular, but still, at 5'4", definitely overweight.

that being said, if you're putting on weight, it's either because you're eating more calories than you think or burning less calories than you think. or you have a health issue.

if you're weighing and logging all your food, check the database entries you're using. some here are very off - one guy carefully logged his food and put on more and more weight, only to discover a daily food item he ate was 4x more calories than the listing on MFP entry listed.

how are you measuring your calorie burn?
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Real question here:

If you have lost in your measurements, meaning your clothes are fitting loser and you look smaller, does it really matter if you weigh more?

Like you said, it's muscle, so you're probably looking better now than you did at the lower weight.