September 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    This morning I "rode" a bike on my Wii Fit for an hour. Should I track that as well?

If you don't mind, I'd like to repeat here what I told you privately. :flowerforyou:

Quoting with permission: :)
    My simple answer is yes, you can include that. Especially if that was part of what you based your goal mileage for the month on.

What sort of setup do you use for the biking? Do you use the Wii fit balance board and step on it to "ride" the bike or do you have an actual Wii Pedal controller or I've even seen an actual indoor exercise bike that can be plugged in!  My only other thoughts would be how do the miles it records compare to actual, real outdoor biking or real indoor exercise bike? How many minutes does it take to ride a mile? A "real" bike might average say 3-6 minutes per mile at a cardio pace. Reason I ask is....and this is totally up to you...but given your answers to the previous questions, maybe you might take only a percentage of the miles? For instance, if the Wii says you rode 10 miles in 10 mins, that's not terribly realistic. That might be more like 3 miles. But then I even feel like the Club-quality exercise bike I ride at my gym is a little generous with the miles.

But all that said.....and I'm sorry for rambling....the purpose of the challenge is to get up and move and you're doing that! Also if it's helping you raise your heartrate and maybe even break a sweat, even better! So, how much of the mileage you'd like to claim is totally up to you. I don't know what your general fitness level is and how much that activity challenges you, but my feeling is that we're not doing the MYAC for prizes or money (I wish! Lol) and the only person each of us is competing with is ourselves... so again if this is something that helps you be more active and get stronger, then I'm all for it!

When I go downhill skiing in the winter, I turn on my GPS & Endomondo app to track my miles there too, but cut the total in half to get rid of the chairlift time. And I usually set my goal a little higher those months too because the miles add up easier & faster. :)

Hope I answered your question (eventually)! :bigsmile:
    Dave
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    9/25 - Wii Fit Island Cycling - Free Ride for 60 minutes, 12 miles

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    27 miles done over today and yesterday.

exercise.png
  • lysslax
    Options
    On track to hit 65 running miles this month!!! I may even get to 70 by Monday!!

exercise.png

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]23724452.png[/url]
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    1.36 miles on my lunch

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Wow! So many people are so close and so many have made goal!

Dave - Way to go and thanks for keeping the spreadsheet updated. It always helps to hear your updates and encouragements. We can't thank you enough for the work that you put into making this a fun place to bust out a challenge. That goes for Bluiz and Janet too.

Taxmom/Laura/Mandysmom/QTgonewild/Incredible/Hanna/Mart - You guys busted tail and made goal!

I'm really impressed with a couple of folks.

CLEPANT - Made goal and has lost 84 LBS so far!!! You kicked butt on the goal but I'm really impressed with the weight loss.

DCMAT - Really? 1147 miles? My buttocks would be numb by then. I thought 100 miles a week was good during the summer. 1147 miles is OUTSTANDING!

GTgonewild - Not only did you make 45 miles but you did so walking! Way to go!

The number of folks that are so close to goal that they will likely complete it this weekend is too many to list but my hat is off to you.

A special salute to those who knew they were behind and didn't give up. It takes more mental toughness to realize you aren't going to make it but to push ahead anyway than most people have. It's great to see people make goal, but it's just as great to see people not give up even when they aren't going to make it. SALUTE!!!

There are a couple other high fives that are due but the snow is falling in the mountains around here and I need to track down all my XC ski gear. :-)

Wait, wait, WAIT. RIGHT. THERE. Did you just bust out the "S" word?????? :noway::noway: lol Don't get me wrong, I love winter and downhill skiing, but this guy isn't ready to park his Harley juuuuust yet... :bigsmile::laugh:
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    For Tuesday 9/24

1.75 Miles walking = 46.17

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options

Spreadsheet updated to here

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    Too many things demand my attention these days, hence the low mileage :grumble:

@DINOS - Sorry to hear you're so busy,, but I know you'll keep at it best you can. You had several very strenuous open water swims that were killer workouts but didn't add many miles. Personally, I still think you ought to get to multiply those distances x5 or x10! :wink:

@MAYONIE1 - Follow this thread for a link to the new challenge in a couple of days! We look forward to you joining us!

@JTH11706 - GO JANET!! Looking forward to cheering you across the line!

@MDLNH - That’s okay if you don't...the point is, you're still moving and still trying! Great job!

@BLUIZ13 - Crossing my fingers you have good weather to ride in tonight!

.....and of course, we can't miss out on cheering for our latest to cross the GOAL LINE! WTW0N and CLP212!!! :drinker:

I can't even describe to all of you how much of an adrenaline rush I get from seeing all of you out there moving it!! Honest...no BS. I very nearly have goosebumps and I'm sitting in my office chair waiting for the time when I can lace up my shoes and go for a run after work!!!! For those of you that have ever witnessed the reaction of a dog when it sees their master reach for the leash to gofor a walk.....that's me right now!! :bigsmile: Feels like my head might explode if I can't get out the door in the next couple of minutes! :laugh:

I've received many kind words and thanks from several of you this month for coming in and helping out Dinos, Bluiz13 and JTH11706 with this challenge and I'm sincerely grateful for that. But you also have no idea just how much you're lifting me up and carrying me along in your tailwinds! This month has been the most effortless month for me to get up and move that I can recall in years. I thank all of YOU for that. :flowerforyou:

Only 5 more days left in the month now. Regardless of where you stand with your goal, let's finish this month STRONG. NEVER LET UP. Put the hammer down and keep those feet moving!

ONWARD!
    Dave
    Darkrider42
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,240 Member
    Options
    OK Dave, I won't tell you that the we have a winter storm warning in effect until Midnight tonight. I should have taken pictures of the hills before the clouds closed back in. They are beautiful and covered in white. But I didn't tell you that. :-)
  • darkrider42
    Options
    OK Dave, I won't tell you that the we have a winter storm warning in effect until Midnight tonight. I should have taken pictures of the hills before the clouds closed back in. They are beautiful and covered in white. But I didn't tell you that. :-)

LOLOLOL!

*closes his eyes & plugs his ears while shouting LALALALALALA!!*
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh so close now:smile:

5.06k today

exercise.png
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,402 Member
    Options
    Sept. 25: 15 miles Running and Walking

TTD: 268.52 miles

exercise.png
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Six mile long run on Sunday, four mile sluggish run in the heat on Monday, and a nice five mile run today...past my goal and still going...

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    2 miles

exercise.png
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sept 25 - 8K run
    Total 66 K
    Getting there! Gotta really get out there to reach my goal!

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Drove all day, only managed a small walk.

09/22 - 1.5 miles walking
    09/23 - 8.0 miles biking
    09/24 - 9.0 miles biking
    09/25 - 1.0 miles walking

Total: 161.0 miles

exercise.png
  • aawright39
    Options
    9/24 - 3 miles
    9/25 - 5 miles

MTD = 40.71 miles / Goal 60 miles
  • darkrider42
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

.....and we cheer BLUES4MILES across the GOAL LINE!!! :drinker:

@ANACONDA469 - Hey, a mile is still a mile...snd I bet that one felt really good after sitting all day!

@JENR9 - You can do it!!! *everyone starts chanting together* "JEN! JEN! JEN! JEN! JEN! JEN!"

@AAWRIGHT - Thank you for you know what! :smile:

This is going to be an unusually early night for me so.....Goodnight all and let's keep those numbers rolling in!!!
    smiley-talk008.gif
    Dave
    Darkrider42