Multivitamins and weight loss: Any connection between the two?

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,742 Member
    Yeah Ann, I like Layne's hierarchy for weight loss, but I suspect the longest lived people on the planet wouldn't know what most of that means or be interested imo. Cheers

OP's question was literally about multivitamins and weight loss.

Longevity is cool, too, though.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    While it doesn't hurt to take a mulit vitamin, it's NOT the cause of weight loss. It's all about calories in and calories out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited December 2022
    Yeah Ann, I like Layne's hierarchy for weight loss, but I suspect the longest lived people on the planet wouldn't know what most of that means or be interested imo. Cheers

Excuse me but I'm confused. What does "the longest lived people on the planet" have to do with the OP? This comment comes way out of left field, unless you'd care to explain its correlation. Sometimes your posts just leave me shaking my head. Could be me though. Maybe I just have difficulty with a higher intellect than mine. Supplements are the discussion.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,147 Member
    Yeah Ann I like Laine's hierarchy

Excuse me but I'm confused. What does "the longest lived people on the planet" have to do with the OP? This comment comes way out of left field, unless you'd care to explain its correlation. Sometimes your posts just leave me shaking my head. Could be me though. Maybe I just have difficulty with a higher intellect than mine. Supplements are the discussion.

Doesn't have anything to do with the OP, it had to do with Ann's pyramid for weight loss.
  • snowflake954
    edited December 2022

Doesn't have anything to do with the OP, it had to do with Ann's pyramid for weight loss.

How? Nothing on the pyramid mentions longevity. Please try and be clear.
  • neanderthin
    edited December 2022

How?

How?

The pyramid would demand that people understand nutrition to a higher level than the norm. There's quite a few people on this planet, the vast majority I would presume that maintain and lose weight without any knowledge of nutrition. I guessing Ann needed to let me know that for weight loss there is a hierarchy after I mentioned that multivitamins don't create weight loss, but may help optimally. While I appreciate Ann's insight and yours btw, weight loss can happen outside of understanding anything about nutrition. It was a little cryptic I will admit. Cheers

• neanderthin
    edited December 2022
    This response is to address your edited post.

As far as "nothing on the pyramid mentions longevity" I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that weight lose in the context of health and not just vanity translates into living longer.
  • snowflake954
    This response is to address your edited post.

As far as "nothing on the pyramid mentions longevity" I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that weight lose in the context of health and not just vanity translates into living longer.

Well,---really? That's a no-brainer. I was wondering if that was your vague tie-in.

I live in Italy. People here lose and maintain without thinking about it, and my husband is a prime example. Understanding nutrition to a "higher level than the norm" is not necessary, and the pyramid seems pretty straight forward to me. You don't have to be an intellectual to read it, unless, of course, you know some secret that you've come across in your studies. :D

• neanderthin
    Nope no secrets, I'm still figuring out the 92 USDA pyramid after researching it for 20 years.