What Am I Doing Wrong?

Options
I've lost about 5 pounds since I started really counting calories and eating better at the end of July. For the last few weeks, the scale just isn't moving. My clothes fit the same, so I don't think I am losing inches. I exercise 2-3 times a week (Zumba). I'm starting to think maybe I'm not eating enough (I've read posts on here where people are eating 1500-2000 calories and losing weight!) Feel free to look at my diary - I already know I am a little salt/carb heavy. I'm looking for any suggestions. I really don't want to lose my motivation!!!

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you've lost 5lbs in 5 weeks, so you're not doing anything wrong? I'm not sure what you were expecting but that is nice progress.

Secondly, it seems like you're eating plenty to me, most days you're eating your exercise calories and or are eating over your calorie goal. Yes your sodium is high and that *may* prevent the scale from showing some weight loss, but it doesn't actually prevent you from losing fat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Seems like good progress to me.

I'd make sure to stay under your goal though, you're over quite a bit, and eat less treats, increase your proteins and decrease your carbs.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Plateau's suck, just keep at it, mix things up, lift some weights! Change up your routine!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    If you want more weight loss, you will have to exercise more and eat a little less.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You aren't exercising enough and it takes 10-15 pounds to fit in a smaller size. You are right on target. What's the rush?
  • FloridaMichael
    Options
    For the actual amount of excersize you are doing, it seems like you have way too many carbs in your diet. Choose brown rice over white rice. Eat more chicken and cut out a lot of your dairy.
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    5 lbs in 1 month..?? oh lord start eating