I need a female accountability partner

Hi I am Jessi. That's short for Jessica . I am 36 and in a major rut with my weight loss . my BMI is off the charts . I need an accountability partner to help me stay on track for exercising and eating right . I do plan on going back to the dietitian because I don't know what to do anymore . I ask for a female accountability partner because I am very shy and shut down around men , I have PTSD . Right now , my food diary is horrid but I am working on it .

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    edited December 2022
    There are many "Challenge" threads in the Challenges section where you can find lots of people willing to cheer you on virtually. Finding a thread to just check in daily was really helpful to me in early days and it's fun to follow each others' ups and downs.

Here; https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Hi I am Jessi. That's short for Jessica . I am 36 and in a major rut with my weight loss . my BMI is off the charts . I need an accountability partner to help me stay on track for exercising and eating right . I do plan on going back to the dietitian because I don't know what to do anymore . I ask for a female accountability partner because I am very shy and shut down around men , I have PTSD . Right now , my food diary is horrid but I am working on it .

If your PTSD is from time in the military, are you in any women veteran's groups? If you are a US veteran, some resources are Vet to Vet (I don't have a link to it; I got on the email list from a referral from my therapist) and WOVEN https://www.wovenwomenvets.org/

My local women's Vet to Vet group has been great. I got into aiming for 10,000 steps per day through one of the women in it.

The VA also offers the MOVE and teleMOVE programs, dietitians, therapists, etc.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Bumping this so it doesn't get lost. I hope you get some more responses (it's a quiet week around here).

I don't think I'd be a good "accountability partner," but feel free to send me a friend request. :)

• Hi there! I’d love to partner with you as I’m in a similar rut. 34 year old woman looking to improve my eating habits and stay consistent with a fitness routine. I’m open to routine email or phone communication. Let me know what works for you!
  • cardingo127
    cardingo127 Posts: 1 Member
    I will be your accountability partner!!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Love to be your partner. I’m 41, for the first time obese, and started my first day of keto (but I will also allow myself some fruit)