Back on track

Options
It's the day after Christmas and I have stayed active all month. However, my diet choices have been not so good. Could use some advice on the best way to start again. Macros? IF? I'm curious what everyone is doing. Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to gain weight? This is the "Gaining Weight & Body Building" subforum...you also posted in the "Health & Weight Loss" subforum...so...?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    Just eat some nice protein, healthy fats, and a boatload of varied, colorful fruits and veggies. Mostly whole foods would be good.

Or have a a breakfast burrito, burger and an apple or side salad for lunch, some meatloaf and mixed frozen veggies (heated!) for dinner, totaling something close to your calorie target.

No need for drama. Just get back to a healthy routine, or gradually shift back to a healthy routine, or gradually work toward a healthy(er) routine if you haven't been there previously. It's not a big deal. You don't need one weird trick, complicated named diets, or anything like that.

Just eat food, with calories appropriate to your goals, and try to get decent-ish nutrition on average over a day or few. It'll be fine.

Body weight, health and fitness are more about what you do the overwhelming majority of your days, not about the rare days or few.