Portion control

Options
One my major floors resolved!! I’ve just ordered myself portion tubs so I can work out just how much should be on my plate yay!!

Looking forward to the weeks ahead
Lol orlistat needs own special formula for getting that grease off the bog :-D

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    A digital scale is a lot easier and far more accurate than a bunch of "tubs" you have to wash.
  • WholeWheatThickMeat
    Options
    As mentioned before, getting a digital food scale is one of the most important things. Also, investing some time into redesigning what you eat, not necessarily how you eat, will be a huge determining factor in your success.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    kxh9o4r24sj9.jpg

Yeah. Get a food scale. :)
  • Teresafahey1
    Teresafahey1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I have a digital scale; at one time, I used it a lot. But these days, I've found it easier to keep a variety of small dishes and bowls on hand, which keeps me from overeating. My trouble right now is all these delicious snacks I still have lying around, lol. I'd love to toss them, by my dear husband wants to keep munching on them. What'reyagunnado?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I think small tubs have their place for some people- Ive done mental tricks like serve my after dinner icecream in a tiny bowl and eat it with a teaspoon.

Obviously just a strategy to make it seem like more and last longer.

so this sort of thing might help you too OP - but like others, I would use it in conjunction with a food scale, a at least to start with, rather than instead of.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    The two can work together. A few years ago, I made and froze "TV dinners" of leftover traditional American Thanksgiving dinner: Sliced turkey in gravy/stuffing/mashed potatoes. Using the tare function, I loaded each tray on the scale and labeled the tray's total calorie count on the lid.
  • WholeWheatThickMeat
    Options
    They can be great for organization, if that's how you like to prepare your meals. However, referring to the original post, using portioning to determine your meals may not be beneficial. What kind of food is being consumed? How big are the portions? If you don't design your meals to be both filling, and within your daily caloric goals, then it can be a very long and frustrating path. It's not difficult to pack 12oz+ of food into a meal that is under 350cal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    +1 vote for a digital food scale. Best $20 I ever spent.