Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing with your partner

I have finally reached one of my first weight loss goals reaching the 100 pounds lost mark. I strongly believe that my weight loss journey over the past 10 years has been impacted by the ability to be on the same page with my husband when it comes to eating and exercise habits. But now we are empty nesters and in the past six months, my husband has made a new commitment to getting healthy and losing weight and it has helped me keep pushing to the next level. But it is not without challenges and would love to hear more feedback from others, who have been able to coordinate their efforts. Different needs nutritionally, different preferences in physical activity, different motivators, past experiences and training.

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,092 Member
    Weight loss will primarily be from diet especially with someone who currently is fairly sedentary so work on diet first. Do the shopping and don’t buy things that are a problem, ultra processed carbs and alcohol are generally the 2 biggest issues.

Activity wise make an effort to be more involved with his preferences for now and then as time goes on slowly introduce activity that you prefer more.

Losing 100 lbs is a major accomplishment so congrats on that. The leaner you get the harder it becomes so good luck to you and your husband.