Friends

Options
Need more friends that do at home workouts. If I stick to working out I'm going to get a watch or a tracker, weights, and resistance bands. Feel free to add me!! 😀😀😀

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi - I lift weights at home - much more convenient than going to the gym -
    What do you mean by " If I stick to working out"
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,745 Member
    Options
    I do work out at home, but do have weights, bands, a rowing machine, and a stationary bike (among other exercise toys) that I use in Winter. In Summer, I row boats at my rowing club, or ride my bike from home on local trails. The summer stuff is more fun.

IME, the key to sticking with it is finding something I truly enjoy doing (or at least tolerate well) that makes me feel energized for the rest of the day (after maybe a few minutes of "whew" right after the workout). Too many people think exercise has to be extreme, unpleasant or punitive in order to be effective for calorie burn or fitness improvement. That's completely false.

Even mild exercise burns calories, and exercise we enjoy tends to happen more often, so it burns 100% more calories than something unpleasant that I skip whenever I can find the slightest excuse. And any exercise that's just a manageable challenge to current capabilities will improve fitness, as long as I increase the duration, frequency, or intensity as I gradually become fitter. Fun exercise is kind of its own reward.

I'm curious: Do you have other ways to exercise at home that don't require new equipment, such as using free YouTube videos, or using other equipment you may already have?

If not, I'd consider whether you're more likely to stick with it if you get some affordable aids up front. It's true that you can use household objects for certain kinds of strength training or calisthenics initially.

Wishing you success with your new workout routine!

• BeFit2023
    BeFit2023 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin watch and a Garmin computer on my road bike and treadmill and my other gym equipment. It really helps to track and advance my progress. I would highly recommend some sort of smart watch
  • lazycat2018
    lazycat2018 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I dance, that is, actively move to the music at home. I have several playlists and sometimes just put the radio on, as I enjoy dancing more when the music is not the same every time. I also do some free YouTube yoga and Pilates workouts, and own some dumbbells and kettlebells.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I only workout at home, I do Zumba DVDs and Grow with Jo on YouTube with dumbbells.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I workout at home - mostly yoga videos
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a yoga with Adrienne 30 day online challenge and do resistance bands stuff at home.