Pre- pregnancy weightloss

Options
Anyone else losing weight before trying to conceive?

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Kiwi2mfp wrote: »
    Anyone else losing weight before trying to conceive?

Not exactly, but I lost a little over fifty pounds last year before conceiving baby #6. I'm now postpartum, but looking to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and then lose another fifteen-twenty to hit my goal weight. I realize it sounds crazy to a lot of people but yeah, I'm probably not "done" having babies yet.

I'm not sure exactly what your aims are, but I will say that my last pregnancy was one of my easiest. I started out at the lowest weight I ever had and even though my weight gain was similar to my other pregnancies, right before I gave birth I still weighed less than my top non-pregnancy weight.

I'm happy to offer any advice or experience or just support. :)
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have in the past lost weight in order to conceive. Baby one was a deliberate weight loss in order to have IVF (they were then conceived naturally) but thats a different story. Baby 2 was loosing the baby weight from baby 1. Then when both children started school i decided to get myself in shape and loose weight. I lost 40lbs and my surprise 3rd came along.

Happy to offer support, advice etc. Not loosing to conceive this time but will be around for a while as i have 40lbs to shift.