Returning

Options
sparklyglitterbomb
sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
edited December 2022 in Introduce Yourself
I was on here about 5 years ago and lost 80 pounds.

Then a lot happened and reverted back to my unhealthy coping mechanism: food and cocktails.

I can feel it. My body is tired, I get out of breath, and the mental pain of my "failure" is adding up faster than I can say.

The last couple years have been spent rehabbing my knee and doing more internal work. I am in a healthy relationship with a man who is so supportive, I almost can't believe how lucky I am.

So last night I weighed myself. Then I cried. Then I took measurements this morning and saw how they compared to where I was after losing 80 lbs and cried again.

I want to feel better. I want to not loath looking in a mirror. I want to like how I look in clothes again. Most importantly, I want to go camping and hiking with my boyfriend this next summer. He is in ridiculously good shape, and I don't want to slow him down. I want to go on trips and not worry about fitting into plane seat.

Logging back on, I saw that many of my "friends" from back then have not logged on in years.. so maybe find some new ones as I embark on this journey again.

Anyway - best of success to everyone. I know there will be a flood of newbies here on January 1 :smile: and I wish all of us success in this. (and patience - it's not a short trip)

Replies

• dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Diana. I completely understand. I lost 60 ponds in 2020 and have now gained back 65. I need to get rid of over 100 pounds. I used to hike with my sons, walk 5k’s, and was starting to feel more confident in clothing. But, now I huff and puff doing a flight of stairs. So, I’m starting over…a fresh, brand new start.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you can do this.
  • kmcintosh1988
    kmcintosh1988 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I’m new to this program but not to losing and gaining weight. Like you I have gained back every ounce I lost and more. It so easy to fall back into old ways. Food is my friend. The only one that doesn’t judge me. I turn to food for a abundance of reasons.
    But I’m to the point where I feel absolutely lost. I look in the mirror and despise who I’ve become. Overweight, no energy, exhausted, I have no clothes that fit. I’m ready to make a change. Let’s support eachother and get this done.