Hii Everyone-- Ned tips to loose inches

Options
Hi Everyone, I am new to myfitnesspal. Just joined today. I am 128-129 pounds, 5'6 ft. So I am not not overweight, ideal weight for my height & body is 120-130. I want to be 120 pounds, but my major issue it to loose inches from my midsection.
I have really skinny upper-body, and my midsection is huge. Which puts me in very ugly shape.I want to loose inches from love handles, stomach, hip and thighs.
Please pass me any advice, I am not too concern about the weight as I said earlier, but loosing inches is I believe harder then loosing weight, so I will really appreciate your help.
I want to loose at-least 2 inches from my handles, thighs and hips. I have started working out form last week only. And trying to watch what I eat, I have started doing cardio for 40 mins and 20 mins strength training 5 days per week.
Please advice!

Thanks,

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    i am curious also.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Hi! I would suggest Jillian Michaels' DVDs, especially the 30 Day Shred. It's a tough workout and will kick your butt, but you see almost immediate results (and it's only a 20 minute daily workout.)

Most people experience rapid loss of inches doing this DVD, myself included. It works and it's totally worth the $9 at Target. Plus you'll be amazed at how quickly you tone up.
  • lswindle
    lswindle Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello started doing exercises about a month ago front planks are good side planks is another good one reverse crunches which is where you lift your legs. for bottom half the stomach then also crunches these will all help :)
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would suggest Jillian Michaels' DVDs, especially the 30 Day Shred. It's a tough workout and will kick your butt, but you see almost immediate results (and it's only a 20 minute daily workout.)

Most people experience rapid loss of inches doing this DVD, myself included. It works and it's totally worth the $9 at Target. Plus you'll be amazed at how quickly you tone up.

I totally agree! 30DS is an unbelievable workout and I began to see results within 3 days.
  • looseit_ash
    looseit_ash Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thanks a lot raelbee. I will buy it and try it out :)
    Thanks lswindle for your tips.

Has anybody used Acu hoop (workout weighted hula hoops -3 lb), I heard that also helps loosing inches from midsection.

Thanks,
  • GregCrowder
    GregCrowder Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have had very good resulys following a program called Body For Life. They have a website and a book available. There is also a companion book called Eating for Life. The workouts take an extreme commitment in effort but very little time.
    Some great recipes and good guidance on how to eat healthy.
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Losing inches is easier than losing weight. When people diet and exercise, they notice their clothes fitting differently before the scale shows weight loss. The way to flatten your belly is to exercise. Lots of people think that doing crunches is the only way to lose it, but that's just not so. Cardio will help lose the belly fat in addition to ab exercises. There are so many exercises you can do besides the basic crunch, check online for ideas. Also, drink a LOT of water and limit your sodium intake and you should be on your way to a flatter belly! Good luck!
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    They have that at the gym where I work out, and I've seen people use them, but it makes sense that it will help tone up the mid section. I think hula hooping with a regular hoop would do the trick too!
  • looseit_ash
    looseit_ash Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot metizzy2 for your advice.
    Thanks GregCrowder.
    Thanks LoriT129 for your motivation!