Has anyone lost 20 pounds in 3 months

Options
Any one lost 20 pounds in 3 months im at 15 percent body fat and I need to lose about 20 pounds . A good success story would help me alot

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I did, but I was obese. The less you weigh, the slower weight loss is.
  • ISPEAKWHALE2
    ISPEAKWHALE2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 in three months. If you want to chat let me know. :wink: I swim everyday and am between 1300-1500 calories.
  • CassiHutchings
    CassiHutchings Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight Sept. 2011 I lost 30 pounds in about 3 months. I weighed about 185 pounds, and the weight just fell off. I can't lose it that fast now, but it happened. ;)
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did calories control,intermittent fasting 5:2,exercises ! was obese too ...!
  • jeanmoreno
    Options
    ...and clean eating! ;-)
  • ISPEAKWHALE2
    ISPEAKWHALE2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

I agree I was at 288.
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options

^^^ this, basically. I lost more than 20 pounds in 3 months but I too was classed as obese according to my BMI.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I started June 13 of this year at a starting weight of 213 lbs. I have lost 20 lbs so far.
  • jeanmoreno
    Options
    you need .........dedication ! :-)
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    In the start of things I did.
    1/20/2013- 285
    4/20/2013- 252.7
    *so over 30 pounds

in the last 3 months almost 20 pounds
    5/26/2013- 251.5
    8/30/2013- 235.7

So I mean it really depends but I am much bigger than you are so these numbers may be no use to you. I am not sure that's why I posted them. But I do think you could do it. But just really have that your focus. I think the month of September I am really going to make myself the priority along with nursing school and work.
  • FastFriend
    FastFriend Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have lost 68 In the last five months so about 13 lbs/mo. I am also obese but if you go with a lower calorie range and push the exercise, you can do it!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Any one lost 20 pounds in 3 months im at 15 percent body fat and I need to lose about 20 pounds . A good success story would help me alot
    You're at 15% body fat and you NEED to lose 20 pounds in three months. This seems far from healthy. Why do you need to do this?
    And while I'm asking, how much do you currently weigh and how tall are you? I see you're only 18, and frankly, I suspect this is a troll post. But in case your serious about this, the more information we have, the better we can give you accurate advice and examples.
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    20lbs in the last two months. 1200 calorie diet and running 4-5 times a week, started with no exercise at all. I ate back roughly 1/2 of my exercise calories.

Basic maths. 3500 calories in a pound, You'd need a loss of 1lb a week to lose 7lb in a month = 21lb loss in 3 months. Find out your BMR for a whole week and subract 3500 from that and there's your lb gone.
  • BerkshireGirl413
    BerkshireGirl413 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 15lbs in 1 month. My starting weight was 240lbs and I've given up all gluten and dairy. Going Paleo and feeling confident I'm on my way to my goal!
  • zanthee66
    zanthee66 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I started at 210 so had lots to lose.
  • marshmallowww
    marshmallowww Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost more than that in 3 months, but I was obese. It's slowed down a lot now!
  • keeper0499
    Options

Same here...100 days in and I'm at 20 lost so far but my journey is still begining. Counting calories works...if you have less weight to lose it may work slower but it does work--stay strong
  • deelbrenn
    Options
    I've been working out for about 4 weeks now. I originally weighed 150 and now I weigh 137. I loss 13 pounds by being on a 1200 calorie diet, and doing cardio for 50-60 minutes 5/6 days a week. I also do light weight training. I still eat what I want with portion control, and in moderation. As long as you ADD healthier foods to your daily food intake, you should see a change. Also, drink a lot of water.

I took a fitness course in my undergrad, and the one piece of information I retained from my class was the following:
    1,000 calories burned a week will reduce any risks of disease, 1,500 calories burned a week will maintain your current weight, 2,000 calories a week will lead to weight loss.
  • duckgirlpdx
    Options
    YES! Started Memorial Day at 225 and 3 months later I'm at 204. So that's 21 lbs in 3 months. Some weeks I would stay the exact same weight, down to the ounce, and then the next week 3 lbs would fall off. My advice - keep at it! You got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!