JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    OMG @Bex953172 I love Bluey! Although it took me months to realise Bluey is a girl, I though she was a boy lol. Bluey and Waffle the Wonder Dog (he talks) are my favourites. Grandson is also obsessed with Dog Squad, which is about service dogs, so we do try to see that.

Yes things were very different "back then". When I was a small child we didn't have a TV, and when we did get one there were no kids programmes on in the evening. The only one I remember is the Magic Roundabout just before the 6 o'clock news. When my boys were kids we had TV, but nothing else. It was a big change when video players came on the market, the first time we could choose to time watching something.

As for telephones, we got our first phone when I was a teenager and it was a shared line. So if you picked it up and the neighbours were talking you had to put it down and wait until they were finished. We were very accepting back then lol.

Hahah omg the magic roundabout! Haha don't! That was still on in the 90s 😂

And can't believe the phone thing! Imagine you had a chatty neighbour lol I'd hate that, I thought the internet Vs phoneline was bad enough!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Today really wasn’t very good. Work was crap, then my healthy eating plan went out the window because my stove apparently needs new burners in addition to the drip pans I had to wait 3 weeks for. $30 worth of groceries I just bought, a week’s worth of healthy meals planned, and I can’t cook any of it - ended up going to Chick-fil-A instead (more money) and now I’m going to have to pay my landlord yet more money to order new burners just so I can feel safe cooking in my own kitchen.

And I feel like I’ve done nothing but eat all day but just logged my food and it turns out my calorie count is way too low. Didn’t drink enough water either, or knock out anything on my to-do list. So yeah, pretty much feeling like a total failure today.

Oo I hate them kind of days where life just throws a curveball!
    Don't feel like a failure, that sounds like one heck of a day and pretty much out of your control.
    I hope your new burners get sorted out quick.
    X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Well I was impressed with myself yesterday. I got everyone's clothes folded and put away (apart from mine but they're in a neat pile still) that sounds like a small job but in reality it was about 2 weeks worth of washing that I hadnt put away, so about 4-5 large baskets of laundry.
    And then I started on more washing 😂😂
    I then tidied all of the girls room, didn't expect to do that it just sort of happened.
    Managed to fill a large bin bag of clothes for charity. Tidied our room with help from Ash.
    Then I nipped to the shop to get pizzas for tea.
    Then after that I did the kids a treat of ice-cream, sweets and coca cola.
    In hindsight I should of saved that for Friday because they were up for ages but they missed out on treats over the weekend cause we were low on money so I felt they deserved it.
    Got them to bed, then Ash wanted McDonalds, so I got one of them too.

So I got absolutely loads done. I know I ate rubbish food but that's ALL I've ate, half a pizza, McDonalds and a croissant.
    The rest was coffee.
    Coffee all morning and day right up til tea time which is probably why I got so much done 😅

Not sure what my plan is today but I'll find something to do. X
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Carpool✅
    Trainer ride✅
    Weight train✅
    No more than 2 beers✅
    500 calorie deficit or more with exercise✅✅✅
    8-12 glasses of water✅
    Call to make Teigan’s appointment✅
    Grocery shop✅
    Get snacks for Teigan✅
    Transfer my schedule on the calendar✅
    Make dinner in crockpot✅
    Clean tub✅
    Log all food✅
    Laundry✅
    Limit social media (put my phone away during family time💩

Had a good day yesterday. Got a bunch done even though seemed like a few obstacles tried to derail me. Even got a bonus 2.5 laps in on trail before group ride that ended up being a much faster ride than I had planned so BONJS. Body is a little tired today. But won’t be on bike again till Saturday so gotta make most of it.
    Goals
    Stay under calorie goal with exercise added
    8-12 glasses of water
    Trainer ride
    Trail ride
    Call HVAC and reschedule
    Change Cat litter
    Make dinner
    Log all food
    No more than 2 beers If buddies end up parking at my place to ride
    Bring girls to track practice
    Laundry
    Limit social media during family time
    Caulk top of shower
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Work on QAR system :smiley:
    - Make training document for QAR & LPA :(
    - Protein bar for lunch :smiley:
    - log food :(
    - stay green :neutral:
    - Therapist :smiley:
    - Back to work (maybe) :(
    - No alcohol :(
    - Small dinner :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Not the greatest day, but not as bad as it looks. I did well during the day, but had a few drinks with dinner. Basically I was meeting hubby at the restaurant at 7:30 after I got my nails done and after he finished yoga. I got there around 7:25, sat at the bar to wait for him and had a drink. Apparently his class was a 90 minute class not a 60 minute class. Anyway, I ended up having a couple of drinks while I waited. Had a grilled salmon salad for dinner and skipped the dinner rolls so that was good.

We went to a therapy session yesterday to talk about our daughter and how to deal with it in a healthy way. For me particularly, I have a lot of guilt around the genetic aspect of bipolar disorder. Knowing I passed this down to my daughter breaks my heart. I know there is nothing I can do about it, and to be honest I wasn't diagnosed before I had kids. Of course, I'd never want to not have my girls, I just wish they didn't have this struggle. To be fair, I don't know if the younger daughter will have this, but I'm afraid for her as well. Therapist, gave us some advice and tried to address our personal desire to "fix" things we can't fix...

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 7:20 :smiley:
    - SharePoint training ALL morning :smiley:
    - Still need to create training documents for QAR & LPA
    - Protein bar for breakfast/lunch
    - Log food
    - Leave work ~5:00
    - Take ring to be repaired (wedding band snapped)
    - Dinner with Bible Study group 6:30
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT.
    2. Online facilitation - Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade online assignments. Email RE the C&D letter. Review March calendar and update. Edit benchmark to include point values.
    3. Pit Crew - outside
    4. Planning - Check on progress for online students; MAKE CALLS. Mark courses complete per email. Check with ZR about JS and call parent. Reading (Netgalley). Update Goodreads! Call to set up testing for ADHD. ChatGPT update; Source v Search Engine; Taxes scripts. Journal. Make progress on document collection.
    5. English class - DGP 5 Tue / Lesson: inferences & conclusions; evidence from text / Journal / Closer = PS check.
    6. Park walk? Pick up meds.
    7. Hang clothes? Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon. Park walk? Sun RC, podcast. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Unfortunately, losing weight apparently isn't enough of a priority for me. I don't know what else I can do without sacrificing mental health, tbqh.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Quick goals before the day gets hectic.

Recap Sunday, 3/5
    Log - :)
    Make healthier food choices - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - :)
    Prep and grading - :)
    Relax - :)

Recap Monday, 3/6
    Log - :)
    Make healthier food choices - :/
    Hydrate - :/
    Exercise - very short walk with the grandkids
    Prep and grading - :)

JFT Tuesday, 3/7
    Log
    Make healthier food choices
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Car in for service (AM)
    Take Mom to appointment
    Mid-semester reports
    Finish essays
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    JFT 3.7.2023
    2 eggs and 2 chicken apple sausage patties
    3 cups black coffee with vanilla skinny syrup
    24 ozs water (9:39am EST)
    next is cinnamon swirl bagel with PB2
    lunch is vegan whole grain "chicken" tenders
    snacks are salted caramel granola squares, graham crackers
    no idea what's for dinner, although it is tuesday....
    if no rain will walk for one hour at lunch break and try to get some FitBit zone minutes.
    out of bed 4:15am
    leave for work 6am
    at work by 7am
    lunch break at 12pm
    meeting at 3pm
    go home 4pm
    stop at store on way home for dinner items
    home by 5:30pm
    time with family
    bed by/before 9pm

any input??
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    shann55437 wrote: »
    JFT 3.7.2023
    if no rain will walk for one hour at lunch break and try to get some FitBit zone minutes.
    leave for work 6am
    at work by 7am
    lunch break at 12pm
    meeting at 3pm
    go home 4pm
    time with family
    bed by/before 9pm

any input??

You have an incredibly long day... I've tried getting up at 4:30 to go to the gym before work, but I just can't keep it up. Today I barely made it to work by 7:30 and I didn't get up until 6:50... I'm impressed by your schedule!

Taco Tuesday?
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks! I'm home to shower after dropping grandkids off at school. So far so good over there, but boy I sure am not used to getting kids up and off to school in the mornings anymore. I'm almost 63 years old and it's been a minute since I had to fight with kids to get up and get ready. Parenting is definitely for the young... :smiley: All in all, things are going well though. I'm enjoying getting this time alone with them, and the photos my son and DIL have been sending from the different islands they've been visiting are so beautiful so it makes me happy that they've got this time to make these memories together. But not gonna lie...I will be very happy to sleep in my own bed again when they return!

Food has been all over the place. I try to make a meal plan but they eat so differently from how I normally eat that it's been hard to resist. My husband and I usually make healthier type of meals at home...we cook pretty much our meat, potatoes & vegetable kind of meals. This week, their pantry is filled with all the yummy foods that I love but don't buy....the kids eat stuff like chicken nuggets, popcorn shrimp, tater tots, pizzas, pizza rolls, curly fries....etc. You get the picture. It's all that yummy stuff that I have a hard time not overeating this stuff! I'm trying to not worry about WHAT I'm eating and focus more on HOW MUCH I'm eating. Eat only for hunger...not entertainment. Stop when I've had enough...not when I'm stuffed. I am a fast eater though, so I don't always realize how full I am until I'm done. So that is my food struggle this week. Certainly could have worse problems though, so there's that! ha!

Have a great day everyone!

Just for Tuesday, 3/7/2023
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • 64 oz water before 7 pm
    • Close activity rings
    • Bills / Balance checkbook
    • Mom's for AQ video
    • Sew another more patchwork heart block for table runner
    • Shovel sidewalk at Bob's and throw out some salt.
    • Bed early tonight.

WOTY 2023: Balance
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    shann55437 wrote: »
    JFT 3.7.2023
    leave for work 6am
    at work by 7am
    lunch break at 12pm
    meeting at 3pm
    go home 4pm
    time with family
    bed by/before 9pm

any input??

You've got a really healthy plan for today! Is the vanilla skinny syrup for your coffee like using stevia drops? Just curious. I like french vanilla creamer but I'm trying to get away from using creamer but still want that flavor...

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    So late getting on here again!! I always have the best plans ... but not doing so great. We are trying to find a different doctor for our daughter.. she has not seen a doctor since before the pandemic. Everything is zoom calls, and as a result, she has been getting worse. Lots of paranoia.. which she will not admit. And that causes anxiety and panic attacks. But its been frustrating. But she has a zoom call with her doctor next week.. we are making her take it out at our place so we can contribute to what is going on.
    and .. as a result.. my eating is all over the place! Does not help that now that hubby is retired.. he is so bored. I hope he will get used to not working and find more hobbies.. but as a result.. I seem to get little done. Yesterday we went out for lunch.. just a sandwich.. but still more than I usually eat for lunch. Dinner was healthy.. but then, after dinner, we both sat on our butts.. and ate cashews and M&Ms! We had friends visiting and they gave us a huge bag of the best cashews... and you mix those with M&Ms.. just can't stop eating!!
    I talked to my brother yesterday .. he quit smoking. He said he did it by buying DumDums lolipops.. and I thought ... I wonder if I bought those... and when I want to snack, suck on one of those instead? Just a thought... that.. and brushing my teeth. But .. it does not help when hubby is there snacking!
    Oh well.. today is a new day. ha.. how many times do I say that!
    JFT, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating .. am I hungry, or thirsty
    4. just cause hubby snacks... I don't needto!

WIll try and read posts tonite!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,627 Member
    Options
    JFT for 3/7/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar-added (last 3/5)
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/6)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 3/9
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/6)
    11) No tamales today (last 3/3)
    12) Up to 2 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 2/24)
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    Hour commitment - After I finish my hot milk, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So late getting on here again!! I always have the best plans ... but not doing so great. We are trying to find a different doctor for our daughter.. she has not seen a doctor since before the pandemic. Everything is zoom calls, and as a result, she has been getting worse. Lots of paranoia.. which she will not admit. And that causes anxiety and panic attacks. But its been frustrating. But she has a zoom call with her doctor next week.. we are making her take it out at our place so we can contribute to what is going on.
    and .. as a result.. my eating is all over the place! Does not help that now that hubby is retired.. he is so bored. I hope he will get used to not working and find more hobbies.. but as a result.. I seem to get little done. Yesterday we went out for lunch.. just a sandwich.. but still more than I usually eat for lunch. Dinner was healthy.. but then, after dinner, we both sat on our butts.. and ate cashews and M&Ms! We had friends visiting and they gave us a huge bag of the best cashews... and you mix those with M&Ms.. just can't stop eating!!
    I talked to my brother yesterday .. he quit smoking. He said he did it by buying DumDums lolipops.. and I thought ... I wonder if I bought those... and when I want to snack, suck on one of those instead? Just a thought... that.. and brushing my teeth. But .. it does not help when hubby is there snacking!
    Oh well.. today is a new day. ha.. how many times do I say that!
    JFT, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating .. am I hungry, or thirsty
    4. just cause hubby snacks... I don't needto!

WIll try and read posts tonite!

I hope you get your daughter sorted out. Finding the right doctor was key for me. Now even with the additional stress of my daughter's issues I've remained stable. Saddened by her situation, but not in despair like previously felt in times of turmoil. I just say this to remind you that there is hope. ((Hugs)).
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Fell off the JFT wagon for a few days, now back on. Reading the posts, realized I'm a boredom eater, too. Always knew I was eating my emotions, but boredom is something else. Especially now that I'm retired and not as connected to others in person like I used to, seems to be an issue I need to deal with.

Sharing one of my favorite reminders that helps me:
    juw8ngbmjrfc.jpg

JFT 3/7 T
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog
    3) Salmon & veggies for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Make dessert for tomorrow's Lenten soup supper / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / open new LCEF account / check messages from financial advisor & NP / shop OTC acct / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 35

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow. Did have some kale and spinach; had that at lunch too. Not a big deal; not really thinking of vegetables when I say that in my hour commitment after lunch.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,751 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    JFT - Tues Mar 7
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Drink 1.5L water - 🙁1 though
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Wed Mar 8
    Log all Food
    Drink 1.5L water
    Gratitude Journal

@littleblackskirt - we called those lines “party lines” here in Canada. Ours had my Grandparents, another senior couple and our neighbour that had 4 girls. There were 5 teen girls all at the same time. I remember being careful to listen to make sure none of the adults heard anything and told my parents.

@teigansdad - I read about boredom being a reason you eat. That is my worst thing I think. I need to find something to be busy with. I have too much alone time too.

@emgracewrites - does your landlord not fix things? They have to here at no charge to the tenant.

@clicketykeys - I feel the same right now. I’m hoping I can start walking again this Spring and that will help me.

@PackerFanInGB - I would be eating all of that stuff with you and like you I’m a fast eater so would overeat too.
    I have cousins on a cruise right now too visiting different islands. Wouldn’t it be funny if it was the same cruise?

@mytime6630 - that’s a long time for a doctor not to lay eyes on a person. I hope you find someone that can help her.
    Boredom is a terrible thing!

I applied for a job last week and got a call today. I have an interview next Monday.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    JFT Tuesday 7th March

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no, 118 over
    Back exercises just a few
    Postpone osteopath appointment yes
    Walk son's dog 60 minutes in the woods, very cold but sunny and no wind, perfect! Happy dog and happy me :) b]

A big day in the garden today, having a conifer cut down, so will be busy with that. It's sunny but freezing.

I snacked too much yesterday, not taking this seriously enough. 300 completely unnecessary calories eaten!
    Today was my first weekly weigh in day...I am one pound down. I'd hoped for more in the first week, but I guess it serves me right for still snacking a bit.

Today is day 2 in the garden, got to get the roots out now!

JFT Wednesday 8th March

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Housework (very tidy relative visiting tomorrow!)
    Cook proper meal
    Laundry

• Bex953172
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB
    Hahah oh the school run, I suppose you're right in saying that it is for the young. But its still hard

Helps when you have uniform ready the night before, and if it's stressful getting out on time then get them up 15 mins earlier to give yourself that extra time.

As for the meals, my kids have a lot of that stuff, but they also eat our meals too. Not all the time (Saskia does) but we keep getting them to try it either way, we want to move them away from that stuff as much as possible to give them a healthy start. Although sometimes we like a quick and easy tea and enjoy eating it too!

Still not got Marley and Casey liking curry and rice yet haha we're close. They atleast try it now. But they say they still don't like it. They will one day 😅 it's only korma aswell because of the spices. Saskias upgraded to the tikka masala

Good luck Anyway haha xx