JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - OMG your story with the puppy/husband played out in my head like a screwball comedy complete with music & wacky SFX! Glad it all worked out in the end!

@pamperedlinny - I can't even fathom what I would do if my father or his wife tried to discipline my kids. I think they know me well enough to know that I would cut that off quickly and the result would be me withdrawing from them more than I already have. I'm sorry your daughter is struggling with anxiety and panic attacks - both my daughters do/did too, and your description made me think of how my oldest handled anxiety when she was younger, for a time I thought she had 'oppositional disorder' or whatever that's called. When she was overwhelmed she'd start acting out, whereas my youngest would curl up in a ball and hide in a closet. Both were probably having panic attacks...luckily I got them both some help with a therapist, and physically we found both were actually related to screwball hormone levels. Girls hate hearing that at that age because they think you're denying their feelings, and it takes time to sink in that your feelings are legit, but the hormones are taking those feelings waaayyyy out of proportion and going dark places. My oldest was finally diagnosed with Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which means she has a higher than normal testosterone level. I feel like me and my youngest sister probably had this too, it just was never diagnosed. Birth control pills helped both of them regulate the wild hormone swings, and the hormone aspect abated once they hit their 20's. I am feeling for you going through this right now and pray that it starts to abate for your daughter as she gets older too!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @Bex953172 - upgrades are so exciting aren't they? :) Yes emptying the kitchen will take a while - I'm hoping the fridge can be relocated around the corner into the DR but still be plugged in and useable...it would be such a bummer to lose all my meal prep in the freezer!! I told my husband we have 2 weeks to eat what's in the freezer in case we lose it :D . I wonder if the contractor will move the oven completely out of the way...or move to the other side of the kitchen and do the floor in stages? That might be easier for both the stove and the fridge...I'm gonna set up a hot plate and electric kettle in the dining room so at least I can make some coffee / heat up something while we don't have a kitchen. It's gonna take a while because our contractor does most of the work himself - which is great for the price and the quality of work, the downside is it will take a lot longer. You know the saying - good, fast, cheap...pick 2! But it will all be worth it...and add to the value of the house in the end as well. Anyway hope yours goes smoothly, good luck!!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    I met my goals for yesterday except for tracking...though I didn't go off the rails so there's that. Happy it's Friday, this week has been a beast!

JFT:
    1. eat cleanly
    2. drink 100 oz water
    3. yoga stretch to clear my mind
    4. celebrate Friday night with my handsome hubby - a few cocktails might be involved, I'm not gonna lie. It's been a beast of a week for both of us!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Cover classes. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade late assignments. Journal. Create trivia sets for Blooket and Gimkit? Make TPT plan.
    3. Pit Crew - None today.
    4. Planning - Cover classes AGAIN. Lunch duty. Reading (Libby). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Shoot Secret Adversary chapter 2. Organize classroom. TAKE PBJS AND PROTEIN SHAKE OUT OF FRIDGE.
    5. English class - DGP 8 makeup / catch up on work / bonus work
    6. Used bookstore. PACK FOR VISIT. Need to clean out my home Gmail and set my YouTube videos back up again.
    7. Laundry. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books. SHOOT AND POST SJ.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon; library volunteering; pick up meds. Sun RC on call; LEAVE FOR FL. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.4

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? (Mar 25)

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Just discouraging. BLEUGH.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Up by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Work by 7:30 :smiley:
    - Meeting prep :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Audit in the afternoon :smiley:
    - Stay under calories :(
    - Pick up Acadia :smiley:
    - Grocery for stuff to make pepperoni rolls tomorrow :smiley:
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Home by 10:00 :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Had a good day yesterday, but kind of lost track of what day it was and forgot to go by my mom's to get her bills. I'll do it today. It's weird having a day off in the middle of the week.

Tonight is a home night, where I'll make some treats to take up to Sierra tomorrow when we go up for the race.

JFT Friday
    - Puppy stuff :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Audit
    - Go let doggo out
    - back to work
    - Leave work by 4:30
    - Mom's to sort bills
    - Home to bake
    - Shower
    - Bed by 12:00

@Bex953172 I love getting new things around the house! Have fun painting and refreshing things.

• shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    JFT 3.31.2023 FRIDAY

today is short and sweet but extremely important. tomorrow it begins! i am focusing on balance. i have decided that is my word for 2023. BALANCE. i am normally a "all or nothing" type of girl. well, guess what? LIFE HAPPENS!!!!!! and i need to learn balance. so starting tomorrow posts will be more regular and more detail. i can't wait to share all my progress with you!! B)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've been doing good for the last two weeks. I've been off on and for the past 3 months with staying consistent. I didn't run when I got home from work last night like I should have, instead I ate and ate and ate....

This morning at work I've been eating Easter candy (easy access as my co-worker has it on her desk for anyone to eat). I went into the lunchroom for paper towel and a fork as I forgot to pack one. One of the lawyers was in there (I'm a paralegal and work at a law firm) and asked me if I had lost weight as was trying to loose weight. Why yes I have!!! I'm down about 12 pounds since mid-December. He's the first person to say anything! I haven't really noticed any change in the mirror, though my jeans are starting to feel a little looser.

I got back to my desk and tossed the other candies sitting on my desk in my lunch bag. I'm eating my nice lunch (chicken, boiled egg, raw carrot, orange and Made Good bar) and no more Easter candy today. That got me back on track!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Yesterday I never made time for computer, therefore no JFT post. (I hate posting using my Android phone, such a pain.)

JFT F 3/31 ~ rainy, crap weather day & planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / >7500 steps
    2) Not sure of supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    3) Laundry / dust 1st floor rooms / decorate for Easter / start grocery list for M or T / digital declutter / clear some papers / find hubby's life ins. info / LCEF / another ta-da?
    4) Floss / retainers / pray

Completed my March MapMyWalk Challenge yesterday. The goal was to walk or run at least 72 miles in the month. I did 73.47 miles, intermingled with a few PT exercise days and snow shoveling days. Took rest days when I was out of town visiting parents or weather just too cold/windy & didn't wanna go LOL. Only forced to use treadmill one day & sad dog. :mrgreen: Overall, happy dog and happy me.
    bywn6v6swmid.png

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 59

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 3x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add ~ learned of Pi Day race, but did not enter
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - going to airport in an hour. Ate a breakfast to get rid of some stuff in refrigerator. Now I won’t eat again until after 3pm or so.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for 3/30
    - Tax appointment ✅
    - Log all food ✅
    - 40 oz of water ✅
    - Crochet ❌
    - Yoga ❌
    - Go for a walk at Mt. Trashmore ✅

Lots of green check marks, but today was complete $***. Major problems with both work computers means I have to work over the weekend to give myself half a chance to meet my deadlines. Taxes ended up costing me way more money than anticipated. Burned my dinner and then dropped part of it on the floor. Haven’t done anything creative in ages.

Having a really hard time seeing my worth tonight. Guess I’ll just try and sleep it off since none of my other coping mechanisms are working.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - upgrades are so exciting aren't they? :) Yes emptying the kitchen will take a while - I'm hoping the fridge can be relocated around the corner into the DR but still be plugged in and useable...it would be such a bummer to lose all my meal prep in the freezer!! I told my husband we have 2 weeks to eat what's in the freezer in case we lose it :D . I wonder if the contractor will move the oven completely out of the way...or move to the other side of the kitchen and do the floor in stages? That might be easier for both the stove and the fridge...I'm gonna set up a hot plate and electric kettle in the dining room so at least I can make some coffee / heat up something while we don't have a kitchen. It's gonna take a while because our contractor does most of the work himself - which is great for the price and the quality of work, the downside is it will take a lot longer. You know the saying - good, fast, cheap...pick 2! But it will all be worth it...and add to the value of the house in the end as well. Anyway hope yours goes smoothly, good luck!!

Well, it's gone well so far. It's all ripped out and my brother just set up the one unit that the oven goes in so atleast I've got my oven.
    And yep I've got the kettle, toaster and microwave all set up in the lounge on top of the dryer.
    He had to set.up the oven unit because he can't come finish it until tomorrow so I was kind of like.. well what am I gonna eat? I need it to cook something
    He said "what about sandwiches.. it's only one night!"
    Think my face said it all though LOL

We managed to keep the freezers plugged in, there's a cupboard in our kitchen which is actually the space under the stairs. So we put the chest freezer in there so it's out the way. Then we have the stand-alone fridge freezer which we just left in the kitchen. Can't really move that anywhere but it's on the opposite side of the kitchen to where the units are going so it's not really in the way.

We've been lucky in that because the kitchens my dad's old one, he gave us all the top cupboards first and fitted them so when it's come to clearing.out the bottom kitchen cupboards I've just put all the stuff in the top ones.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was not good. Putting in the rear view mirror but haven’t lost control like that in weeks. Way over calorie goal. Ate a bunch of crap.
    Gonna just put a end to that today. I’m making progress and last think I want to do is be self destructive and that’s what it felt like. I’ve done that before so need to recognize it as a day and move on.

Todays goal
    Work out
    No beer
    Less than 2k
    10 glasses of water (gonna be tough as will be at track meet all day
    Log all food
    No food after 9
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Hope you're all good, I'm SO glad I took the rest day from exercise yesterday. I mean the last thing I did was rest 😂 but exercise on top would have killed me off.

There was just so much to do!
    Get the kids to school (2 mile walk), get home have a coffee (this is when I'd normally exercise)
    But instead I had to wash all the pots and put them away, Empty the cupboards and find a place for them, wipe the sides, get as much laundry and drying done as possible (5 loads!), Then pull both appliances out of the kitchen, which required me to tidy up the lounge and rearrange the sofas so I can get it all to fit.
    Then I had to go get the girls from school (another 2 miles) whilst I was out Ash finished the last couple of things and mopped for me.
    By the time I got home, majority was done.
    Then we were unsure if our gas would be on if we couldn't cap the gas pipe leading to the hob, so I thought right all the girls need showers right now and tea right now before the oven and maybe gas go off. So I started tea (quick freezer meal tea), ash did the showers. The flipping electric went off halfway through!!
    So the shower went cold, the food stopped cooking, I nearly lost my sh!!t.
    Ash (cool, calm and collected) checked the meter, couldnt apply emergency though so we had to use Saskias laptop (the only thing with battery) to plug in the smart meter to activate the emergency credit. It was all that washing I did, we don't normally use the emergency but it's 4 days before were payed so we've done well 😂

And then I ate my tea, quickly washed the pots we used. Sat down. Knock on the door.

I did not stop all flipping day. I was sore, my back ached, my feet ached.
    But now it's Saturday..there's no more 4 mile walks/day, the lounge is now a bit cramped for me to exercise at the minute.

I have the urge to do things 😂😂 but there's nothing to do. And now the kids are off for two weeks and I want to keep up my momentum!

Oh I had a little over snack last night too. Think I'm within calories, but I was trying to avoid them foods at all costs but I gave in. So I have 4 biscuits and quite a few crisps. Could have chose something healthy but I just didn't.

Felt like I earned them in a way, I've been working my butt off all week!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @Bex953172 - so busy!!! And through my astute sleuthing powers I have detected you're in the UK somewhere? These boards are always so amazing to me - here I am over the pond in the Bronx (NY) relating to your kitchen reno! My contractor told me his paint guy doesn't want to use my paint choice (?!) because he 'can't guarantee its durability' - it's Benjamin Moore Advance which is one of the best paints for cabinets - like WTF? I have already used BM Super White on the trim through the rest of the house so I want my whites to match!! My contractor agreed it was stupid and says he'll do the cabinets himself. This guy is very good, very meticulous and fairly young so he doesn't have some big crew he's developed... hence the price that's good for our budget but now may take even longer if he's doing EVERYTHING. Hubby and I are already steeled for it lasting 3-4 weeks. Hopefully we won't be without a stove for more than a week - that will definitely have to be moved out of the kitchen since the existing floor is going to be leveled (there is tile on top of tile) - so hoping we can tiptoe in after hours and at least use the microwave (it's mounted on the wall over the stove so can't be moved.) Much more than everyone needed to know about the status of my reno but there you go. :) I am not the best when my schedule is disrupted, especially if we are forced to order out...and combined with the very long work hours on this job I am afraid I'll do what I always do...throw everything out the window, eat what I want, and decide I'll start fresh after whatever is disrupting me is over. But life keeps happening and I can't keep throwing my health out the window!!! I make progress then I undue it, it's been years and years of that cycle. I need to plan ahead and make sure I have a workable system to stay on track....good luck with yours and hope you can do the same!!
  • jennysweet58
    Options
    @teigansdad - I very much do the same thing. I was feeling self-destructive yesterday and also ate way over my calorie goal - like "Take that stupid job!! I'm gonna eat super unhealthily today, ha ha, that'll teach you!!" ;) But getting right back on track is the thing I have the most trouble with - a "slip" will turn into a week, 2 weeks, a month...so fighting hard to make sure today isn't a repeat. I have to work some this weekend so I have resist the urge to "feed the pouting" that will be going on!

JFT:
    1. eat clean, even if I don't track
    2. finish work I need to do for this stupid job
    3. start to clean out cabinets in kitchen
    4. spend quality time with the hubby
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,552 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I didn't log into the community boards at all yesterday. It was my fiscal year end at work so I just stayed slammed.
    Today I have the kids Easter party at church, my daughter's volleyball game, then a friend's daughter 18 birthday party too. Tomorrow is church then a group of 3 families all going to the circus. Busy weekend but it should be fun.

☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️At least 72oz of water
    ☑️Enjoy yourself at the events! Even if this means bending your boundaries (BEND, NOT CRAZILY BREAK)
    ☑️Offer to bring veggie or fruit tray to birthday party
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @teigansdad hey how did Teigan do on her driving test?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎 April 2023 💎🐰🫶
    🫶🐰💎🐥🪞🐣🪞🐥💎🐰🫶
    April focus: No change from March.
    If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it! 😝
    📍Focus: Positive thinking,
    Gratitude meditation:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    💎
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻

🫶 Terri
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Recap F 3/31 ~ rainy, crap weather day & planned rest day
    1) Move hourly / >7500 steps :neutral: 6.7K 23 floors 11/14
    2) Not sure of supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :s When filling Easter dishes, ate mixed nuts &: peanut M&Ms. Just stopped logging. Oops.
    3) Laundry / dust 1st floor rooms / decorate for Easter ~ bunny explosion has occurred / start grocery list for M or T / digital declutter / clear some papers / find hubby's life ins. info ~ found partial info / LCEF / another ta-da? got out Easter dishes from upper shelf in cabinet & filled :smiley: TA-DA!
    4) Floss / retainers / pray :) 2x

JFT Sat. 4/1
    1) Monthly weigh-in & measurements (forgot yesterday) / log on MFP
    2) Move hourly / >7500 steps
    3) Net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Sweep then scrub downstairs non-carpeted floors / clear some papers / digital declutter / anything else?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray / early alarm (choir sings 7:45 & 9:00 services for Palm Sunday)

No dog walk today b/c last night's 1.5" rain eventually froze on paved surfaces. Wind was also fierce, gusts up to 50mph dislodged our stake over one downspout, which was laying about 10 ft. away from the house this morning, frozen into the snow. Sun later came out and melted things, but I was busy cleaning. At least that's physical activity. We have my family coming for Easter Sunday dinner, and I'm a more diligent cleaner when we have company. LOL

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 59

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 3x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add ~ learned of Pi Day race, but did not enter
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship