Weight loss but gain musclea

Options
Hi everyone I'm struggling to find out how to lose fat but keep my muscle. I am currently doing my workouts with strong lifts and my calories are targeting 0.5 lbs a week my calroeis at 2,500. I'm wondering if that is too low and I'm not use to eating this much.

Courtney

Replies

• I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don’t recommend stronglifts at all. It’s a great program for strength training and maybe an Over all solid foundation, however it can be extremely taxing on your mind and body because of it requiring such a dramatic amount of compound movements. This will be very difficult to stay consistent with whilst retaining muscle in a caloric deficit.
    I recommend taking a more of a bodybuilder approach to retaining muscle mass while losing fat.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm struggling to find out how to lose fat but keep my muscle. I am currently doing my workouts with strong lifts and my calories are targeting 0.5 lbs a week my calroeis at 2,500. I'm wondering if that is too low and I'm not use to eating this much.

Courtney

you didn’t mention your stats however 2,500 cals a day will be too much to lose fat. Fatloss and muscle retention is a product of a reasonable calorie deficit, proper training and enough protein.

Give your height, weight and lifestyle and that would allow for a better opinion on calories.